Home screen has wrong city.

xcrunner78

May 29, 2010
Visit site
When I turn on my Droid Incredible, below the time is displays the wrong city. It does not matter what city I am in, it always says Deerfield. Deerfield is not even a city I have been and I have no idea what state it is in. Why is this happening/

Thansk for your help!
-Jason

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I would follow PhantonPhreak53's suggestion first. If that doesn't fix it make sure you have the update on GPS location turned on in the widget options.

Mr_Jibmiester

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem but I live almost on a county line. So depending on were I am in my house I get one city, or the other. The gps isn't perfect but pretty good out compared to other phones I have used *cough* BLACKBERRY *cough*

xcrunner78

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have had problems with GPS apps, but that is because I am standing inside of a building. Once I am outside, it works, but slow and have to have no trees above. Settings -> Locations...use GPS satellites are checked...local settings "location on" is checked...both thte Background Data and Auto-Sync are checked. @Qazme what do you mean by "update on GPS location turned on in the widget options?" It always says that I am in Deerfield, no matter which city that I am in.

Dgoz2003

Jan 9, 2020
Visit site
On your android homescreen, click on the weather/location widget, this will take you to accuweather app. On the accuweather app, click on the search symbol. Your correct location is displayed down the page, click on it. Then go back to your home screen. It should be displaying the correct location now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon