Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I updated to the leak and rerooted. Seems to be staying in the higher percentage longer now.
    Anyone noticed an improvement in battery life since the leaked update.

I have noticed a slight improvement, using seidio 1750. I also charge overnight with phone on and turn off when I wake up and let it bump charge while off til I get green light. Just once, none of that over and over again.

**Edit**
    using 2.2 leaked rom now... Rooted also. Battery life seems better. I also started using external charger. It is the only way to go!!! I get about 14 hours up time with very heavy use. Seidio 1750 and htc 1500 oem, both seem to last about the same. Maybe an hour or two more on the 1750.
    Last edited by Josh467; 07-29-2010 at 06:17 AM.

back to the battery issues......how many times do you have to repeat bump charge the process? I have done it 5 times now and still don't see a green light when I plug in when off.....
    Pearl > Curve > Tour > Incredible > Thunderbolt > Rezound > One
    OMG OMG OMG

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledevice View Post
    Someone should probaly explain bump charging in detail, but here's how to do it.

Charge your Incredible to max (green light).

Unplug the phone and then turn it off.

Plug it back in (should have an orange light now) and charge it to max again.

Unplug the phone and turn it on. Wait for it to boot up.

Turn the phone off and then plug it back in (should be an orange light again).

Charge it to full (green light) again.

Repeat this process until the light is green immediately upon plugging it back in.
    Great Advice!

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

As mentioned before by others, I noticed better battery life by turning off mobile (3G) unless I was in a situation that I needed to access the web at that very second or was stuck in a line somewhere bored out of my gord and wanted to surf the web. Otherwise, I leave the surfing up to times when I can get wifi signal.

Bump charging really does help a lot. I just do it once, though. Here is another observation. I only have one "cigarette lighter" slot in the car. I found an adapter at Walmart that plugs into the cigarette lighter and gives me three slots and a USB plug. I plug an FM transmitter into one of the slots and a USB to micro USB cable in and charge my DINC on the way to work. I listen to Pandora and charge at the same time. It take me 35 to 40 minutes to get to work. Even after a bump charge, when I start charging in the car I get the orange light. By the time I get to work it is green. If I don't charge in the car, I need to charge after six to eight hours. If I charge in the car, it will last my full twelve hour shift unless I listen to Pandora radio for more than a couple of hours at work.

I hope this helps. I don't know the brand name. The USB port claims 5V at 500mAh.
    Pronounced "woon."
    Thanked by:

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in...

- I was bump charging on the OEM battery, and getting a full day *barely* out of the phone. Depending on whether I was in poor coverage areas a lot, or really heavy use, I'd frequently have to recharge during the day.

- I just picked up a used Seidio 1750 mAh battery, and the difference is dramatic. After bump charging yesterday morning, a reasonably heavy useage day, and some poor coverage areas, I was at 59% at the end of the day. I consider my battery woes to be over.

Global Posts
    1,002 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogrnmod 10.2

I've gotten into the habit of disabling GPS unless specifically needed and switching over to wifi when I was at home and that's done wonders for my battery life.

I have a 2600mah HK special on the way. Hopefully that will fix things so I won't have to take these measures going forward.

Global Posts
    7,677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I easily get a full day's use of power out of battery and don't use a task killer of any kind.

screen brightness almost totally off (auto brightness unchecked)
    screen timeout in 1 minute
    GPS and Bluetooth off when not in use ( I use GPS everyday for 1 1/2 hrs appx.)
    WiFi off only if I know I have no way of connecting to a wifi( I have many remembered in my neighborhood tho )
    the WiFi sleep policy for me is "never"
    Mobile network "enable always-on" is unchecked
    Those was the main ones. There are a few more I think but those major ones for me ,lol. I can get 14-16hrs on a stock battery using it moderate to light tho.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

What I have found gives me the longest battery life on the phone is simply not using it. LOL I think its kind of funny actually. I've been switching off between this and my droid 2. The Incredibles battery last for almost two days when not used. LOL

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

KingXKernel OC 1.113, 2.15 Radio, Froyo 2.2 (Skyraider 2.5.2) and a full charge from the computer will give me 20 hours until moderate to heavy usage. I'm happy
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    KingXKernel OC 1.113, 2.15 Radio, Froyo 2.2 (Skyraider 2.5.2) and a full charge from the computer will give me 20 hours until moderate to heavy usage. I'm happy
    Same here.

I had terrible battery life, sometimes not even making it through the day.
    I had not set up any email, and I downloaded TaskKiller, which I used faithfully to keep apps turned off.

Whenever I checked the battery, most of the usage was split between phone idle and cell standby.

Two days ago, I decided to set up my email. Not liking the HTC mail app, which I set up for the first time just to try out, I dragged it off the screen and downloaded K-9 mail app.

I recharged my battery last night, but I really didn't need to. It's been two days straight that, starting with a full charge, I had over 80% battery left at the end of the day!

I'm going to blame HTC mail, without doing my DD to prove it, and count my blessings!

Buy the 3500 mAh battery from Seidio. Seriously...my battery lasts 3 days sometimes. lol. Worth every damn penny.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    IncROM 1.0 Beta 3

If you buy a Seido external charger make sure you leave your battery charging about 2-3 hrs longer after it goes green. It says to do this on the back of the charger. Buy an extra battery it is truly the only thing to do until they provide a fix w/software update and even then I bet most people will only see a slight increase if that. I personally think that the OEM battery will never last that long either way because it is just too small. With the Seido 1750 charged in the external charger I usually have 35-40% at 9pm after using from 7am with moderate to heavy use and you don't need a battery door.
    BBKiks, a Proud UTE fan.
    IncREDible

Unrevoked 3
    IncROM Beta 3
    :rolleyes:

ROM
    TouchWiz/Android 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledevice View Post
    Someone should probaly explain bump charging in detail, but here's how to do it.

Charge your Incredible to max (green light).

Unplug the phone and then turn it off.

Plug it back in (should have an orange light now) and charge it to max again.

Unplug the phone and turn it on. Wait for it to boot up.

Turn the phone off and then plug it back in (should be an orange light again).

Charge it to full (green light) again.

Repeat this process until the light is green immediately upon plugging it back in.
    I finally did the bump charge. This really works. Usually after I charge my phone and unplug it, I lose 5-10% of the charge within an hour. I BC'd the phone and after 9 hours, my phone is still at 100% juice. I am sure it will change with reall heavy use, but it really is a big difference! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowlah View Post
    I BC'd the phone and after 9 hours, my phone is still at 100% juice. I am sure it will change with reall heavy use, but it really is a big difference! Thanks!
    9 hours? I hate to be the negative skeptic, but that sounds more like a problem than a real solution. I can't imagine those figures being accurate.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > OG Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    9 hours? I hate to be the negative skeptic, but that sounds more like a problem than a real solution. I can't imagine those figures being accurate.
    Not sure what BC's means. But if you have a fully charged stock battery phone turned on and not syncing it will still lose ~3% per hour. With syncing turned on a~5% per hour and under usage you are doing really nice between 8-10% per hour.

So optimally even at 3% per hour after 9 hours he would have lost 27% of his battery.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    IncROM 1.0 Beta 3

He means Bump Charge.

I guess.
    BBKiks, a Proud UTE fan.
    IncREDible

Unrevoked 3
    IncROM Beta 3
    :rolleyes:

ROM
    TouchWiz/Android 4.3

Qazme, I just got back in the house and I read your reply. Looking at my phone now, I am at a little less than 70% after 18h 48m 14sec since I charged the phone.

Cell Standby 43%
    Phone Idle 40%
    Androis Sys. 12%
    Display 3%
    Dialer 2%

Now I admit that I haven't been online surfing the web much today like I normally do, since I am trying to gauge how much life that bump charging (BC is what I'm calling it since it's easier to type) it give my phone. Tomorrow I will do my normal use on the phone after the charge. But are you saying that this isn't normal?

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Jowlah View Post
    Qazme, I just got back in the house and I read your reply. Looking at my phone now, I am at a little less than 70% after 18h 48m 14sec since I charged the phone.

Cell Standby 43%
    Phone Idle 40%
    Androis Sys. 12%
    Display 3%
    Dialer 2%

Now I admit that I haven't been online surfing the web much today like I normally do, since I am trying to gauge how much life that bump charging (BC is what I'm calling it since it's easier to type) it give my phone. Tomorrow I will do my normal use on the phone after the charge. But are you saying that this isn't normal?
    I'll just put it this way at 20 hours on a 1750 battery with an Optimized 2.2 build, undervolted kernel etc my phone would be at about 14% charge. So yes it does sound fishy. But I use my phone, are you sure you are looking at the unplug time versus up time.

Granted your phone hasn't been used 83% of the time and your new numbers show you losing about 2% an hour. Which is almost right. So you look ok now. However originally you claimed to have went 9 hours with no battery drop which isn't going to happen.
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

i tried bump charging for the first time today...I let it hit green twice.

I received one text message, and i sent out 1 text as a reply. my battery shot down to 94%

i have a seido external battery charger on the way along with 2 extra generic 1300mah batteries on the way. I'm pretty new here but from what I read, the battery does not fully charge due to software issues?? if this is the case, I wont have to bump charge with the external battery charger right?

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by chetman7 View Post
    i tried bump charging for the first time today...I let it hit green twice.

I received one text message, and i sent out 1 text as a reply. my battery shot down to 94%

i have a seido external battery charger on the way along with 2 extra generic 1300mah batteries on the way. I'm pretty new here but from what I read, the battery does not fully charge due to software issues?? if this is the case, I wont have to bump charge with the external battery charger right?
    Right, or if you turn the phone off! A bunch of people seem to believe it has something to do with the Kernels that the Inc uses. We shall see as more Kernels come out and the devs start figuring out what is going on!
    NEXUS!!!!!!

ROM
    TouchWiz/Android 4.3

Qazme, as I am posting this at 12:12 p.m. in NY my phone is at 50% juice.
    Up time 31:59:47
    Awake time 2:23:13
    Last unplug 1d 8h 0m 6sec
    Cell Standby 44%
    Phone Idle 40%
    Android Sys. 12%
    Display 4%

It may sound weird, but my phone indeed went 8hrs and 56 mins before noticing the green battery bar dropped. Like I said before, I didn't use the phone like I normally would so I could gauge the length of charge, but that is what I had.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Ok and out of ~32 hours you have used your phone for 2.5.....it doesn't sound weird it's just nothing to brag about. lol. I can use my phone for 2.5 hours and still be in the 80% range.

Standby + Idle = 84% of the time your phone has been unplugged.

24 hours ~2-3% per hour drop = 48%- 72% depending on cell coverage. Nothing abnormal about it. So what's your point again?
    NEXUS!!!!!!

ROM
    TouchWiz/Android 4.3

I thank you for the input. It has helped. No bragging involved. I had just wondered if it was normal, that's all. On average, how much more efficient should my stock battery be after the FroYo update, as a guess?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast