Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

if you have Y5 it will solve the problem of shutting the wifi connection off when out of range
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyBeans Build 5

lately my INC has been charging rather slow, and then with just moderate use it is dead by 8pm...it seems it has been steadily getting worse since 2.2 update.

any suggestions, i have juice defender which seems to help a lil bit but i think it is also messing with my ability to receive google voice messages when they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by facedown41 View Post
    lately my INC has been charging rather slow, and then with just moderate use it is dead by 8pm...it seems it has been steadily getting worse since 2.2 update.

any suggestions, i have juice defender which seems to help a lil bit but i think it is also messing with my ability to receive google voice messages when they arrive.
    maybe VZW will replace the battery if you explain the situation and tell 'em the battery is bad. it happens.

i highly recommend the Seidio 3500 battery -- charge lasts 2 days.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

I know literally nothing about phone batteries, but is there any chance that the extended batteries beyond the 1750 will come out in a "slim" size? I can't live with the stock battery anymore because it's starting to affect how I use my phone (i.e. not playing Angry Birds at work). I'm planning on getting the 1750 so it won't affect the size of the phone, but if there was a chance I could get more juice from the beefier batteries without adding size, I would wait.

Quote Originally Posted by nitrusoxide View Post
    I know literally nothing about phone batteries, but is there any chance that the extended batteries beyond the 1750 will come out in a "slim" size? I can't live with the stock battery anymore because it's starting to affect how I use my phone (i.e. not playing Angry Birds at work). I'm planning on getting the 1750 so it won't affect the size of the phone, but if there was a chance I could get more juice from the beefier batteries without adding size, I would wait.
    No. And, I SERIOUSLY can't understand this hang-up that people have over aesthetics. The phone becomes the useful, unrestrictive tool it should be with the 3500 installed. Why anyone would choose slim over usefulness boggles my mind.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > Moto X 2013 & 2014
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r) > iPad Air 2

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    No. And, I SERIOUSLY can't understand this hang-up that people have over aesthetics. The phone becomes the useful, unrestrictive tool it should be with the 3500 installed. Why anyone would choose slim over usefulness boggles my mind.
    Why do some people buy a sports car that gets 10mpg over a Honda Civic that gets 28?

To me it's more the principle of it. I'm already ticked off that the phone doesn't meet my expectations off the shelf, so I want to do as little as possible to get it up to the usefulness I expected.

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    ROM
    IncROM 1.0 Beta 3

Does anyone know if switching between my stock battery and my 1750 will screw up my battery stats? I just got 26 hrs with 4.3 hrs of awake time on my 1750, but when I threw in my stock one overnight I dropped 13% overnight.
    BBKiks, a Proud UTE fan.
    IncREDible

Unrevoked 3
    IncROM Beta 3
    :rolleyes:

I would have got got a bigger battery but i need to have a case with my phone so i got the 1750.

I flashed redemption rom with the new HTC kernel and i'm at 52% battery with 20 hours off the charger.
    Nexus FTW
    Thanked by:

Stock 1300MAH Battery also
    Nexus FTW
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by dannyseed View Post
    I flashed redemption rom with the new HTC kernel and i'm at 52% battery with 20 hours off the charger.
    How much did you use your phone during those 20 hours? I may have to try that Rom & kernel.

Quote Originally Posted by mclarryjr View Post
    How much did you use your phone during those 20 hours? I may have to try that Rom & kernel.
    Close to 4 and half hours right now i just read it 4:17:34
    Nexus FTW
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I'm going to have to give redemption rom a try

And after this I got about another 10 minutes of web surfing with this so its really close to 5 hours of awake time. Not to shabby for a stock 1300mah battery

Nexus FTW

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    RezRom

Can rooting really improve battery life? I am barely getting 6 hours right now with limited use. Especially in my work where there is limited signal. I took my phone off the charger at 8:00 this am, and it is now 9:30, and I am down to 62%. Also, what is the best battery for the Dinc?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyseed View Post
    I assume you mean kernel 2.6.32.17?

I've been out of the Android loop for a while -- was costing productivity! Do we know yet where that kernel is actually from? Last I saw the xda crowd were all saying they couldn't vouch for it.

My solution to battery life has worked pretty well for me. I bought two wall external battery chargers and always have a spare battery in my pocket. I use all the features, finished Angry Birds at work, take lots of pictures on recent vacation. No worries. Some apps seem to use more, I just did a master reset, got rid of all the crap and put all the apps I use a lot back on it and seems to have improved battery life.

ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledevice View Post
    Someone should probaly explain bump charging in detail, but here's how to do it.

Charge your Incredible to max (green light).

Unplug the phone and then turn it off.

Plug it back in (should have an orange light now) and charge it to max again.

Unplug the phone and turn it on. Wait for it to boot up.

Turn the phone off and then plug it back in (should be an orange light again).

Charge it to full (green light) again.

Repeat this process until the light is green immediately upon plugging it back in.
    what will this do?

Quote Originally Posted by goater1220 View Post
    what will this do?
    When the phone is on being charged, it does not charge all the way. When you turn it off and plug it back it in, it will finish the complete charge

Two things I've done that definitely increase battery life:

1. As others have noted, bump-charge it. When it's in the charger (and turned off) and the light's green, unplug it for a few seconds, then plug it back in. The light will be yellow again. It goes back to green in a few minutes.

2. I I don't think I've ever seen anybody recommending this one. INSTEAD of setting the screen timeout for 15-30-60 seconds or so, just set it on 15 minutes. When you finish using the device, press the power button, which turns off the display. It's a total waste of battery power for the display to constantly stay on for a minute after you've finished. Multiply this times the number of times you use it in a day's time, and you're saving some serious juice.

ROM
    Unlocked Atrix bootloader

Quote Originally Posted by Blahzee View Post
    I would have got got a bigger battery but i need to have a case with my phone so i got the 1750.
    Seidio makes a case that covers the 3500 extended battery. I agree with the previous poster about spinning your wheels and jumping through hoops to try to stretch your battery life. Simply buy a bigger battery (the 3500 would be my recommendation) and get on with your life. It's money well spent and it resolves the issue completely.
    (GSM) Galaxy Nexus on AT&T

ROM
    AOKP

Buy the 3500 mAh battery from Seidio. Seriously...my battery lasts 3 days sometimes. lol. Worth every damn penny.
    You get 3 days out of that battery ? What kind of usage do you do? I bought one of the cheap 3500 mAh batteries off ebay and I have to charge it twice a day with heavy use

ROM
    Cyanogenmod 7/Invisiblek

Quote Originally Posted by tmettler5 View Post
    Can rooting really improve battery life? I am barely getting 6 hours right now with limited use. Especially in my work where there is limited signal. I took my phone off the charger at 8:00 this am, and it is now 9:30, and I am down to 62%. Also, what is the best battery for the Dinc?
    Yes it can. I was sick of lasting half a day on stock and even with the 1750 I'd be lucky to get home with more than 10-15%.

I finally rooted and after some hit and miss I ended up with Virtuous Rom using their custom kernel. The difference is night and day. Instead of 10-15% when I get home, it's more like 40-60% depending on usage. I swear, when not being used it's almost like the battery meter doesn't move at all.

Anyway, I'd recommend it to people who are really upset with battery life. Made a difference for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruark View Post
    Two things I've done that definitely increase battery life:

1. As others have noted, bump-charge it. When it's in the charger (and turned off) and the light's green, unplug it for a few seconds, then plug it back in. The light will be yellow again. It goes back to green in a few minutes.

2. I I don't think I've ever seen anybody recommending this one. INSTEAD of setting the screen timeout for 15-30-60 seconds or so, just set it on 15 minutes. When you finish using the device, press the power button, which turns off the display. It's a total waste of battery power for the display to constantly stay on for a minute after you've finished. Multiply this times the number of times you use it in a day's time, and you're saving some serious juice.
    consider "display" is never even on my list of what is using my battery i am guessing it doesnt save you near as much as you think
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Turned off "System" monitoring tool and my battery life is back to what it should be. Coming up on 21 hours off the charger, 15% battery left. 2250 battery w/ a 3.5 on the use scale. Lots of Facebook, Tweetdeck, Google Reader. Angry Birds for 30 minutes.

1(L)--1--2--3(M)-*-4--5(H)
    Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.
    Perfect Screen Shot Ad Free (App)
    Perfect Screen Shot (App)
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast