what is system monitoring tool?
    Custom User Title

Global Posts
    1,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by jaybro0813 View Post
    what is system monitoring tool?

I should have said "System Panel." It's a good monitoring tool, but I have learned it's best not activate it unless you are researching something specific.

Please use the Thanks button below and to the right.

I use exchange server on my DINC for work and I've experienced no problems after unchecking that box.

Same here, my oem battery only lasted about 6hrs. I bought the Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh, and now I go 2 and a half to 3 days between charges. And I am a VERY heavy user.....Sirius radio, Pandora, tons of texting, emailing and net surfing.

Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended-Life Battery for HTC DROID Incredible at Amazon battery & cover for $53 bucks was well worth it for me.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

Ive found that if I charge via USB battery life is normal. No 10% drop in just a couple minutes anymore. Just my 2 cents By USB I mean charging from usb port on my computer, not using the wall charger.

I just got this out of my seidio 1750 Sooo i'm pretty stoked about that

Nexus FTW

Quote Originally Posted by dannyseed View Post
    I just got this out of my seidio 1750 Sooo i'm pretty stoked about that

What in the world uses so much juice for the display? Is your screen on all day? Live wallpaper?
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMi-X)

I don't have it on auto bright I keep it at 25% and screen timeout at 30 seconds

I just realized that we have different batteries. Maybe that is why your percentages are so different than mine.

I have the 3500 Seidio. My screen is on auto brightness and 2-minute timeout, yet my display percentage is usually below 20%.

What kind of battery life do you get out of your 3500?
    Nexus FTW

Quote Originally Posted by dannyseed View Post
    What kind of battery life do you get out of your 3500?
    I'm a light to moderate user. Often, I can go 3 days without charging. I usually charge every other day, though - just in case an emergency happens; I don't want to be stuck with 50% in an emergency.
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

I've had my incredible for just after few days now. Rooted with CM7 nightly builds. Trying to also gauge what kind of battery life is get. I know where I can find how long my phone has been on but where can I see awake time (I assume this means how long you've actually been using the phone as opposed to just turned on)?

Quote Originally Posted by rich.kim View Post
    I've had my incredible for just after few days now. Rooted with CM7 nightly builds. Trying to also gauge what kind of battery life is get. I know where I can find how long my phone has been on but where can I see awake time (I assume this means how long you've actually been using the phone as opposed to just turned on)?
    Menu>Settings>About Phone>Battery will give you uptime and awake time.
    HTC XV6700 > Blackberry Storm 1 > HTC Dinc > HTC Dinc 2 > Samsung GS3

" it's memory-free so you can charge it at any time" -- wth? anyone know if the OEM battery in the Inc is memory-free?

is the Seidio 3500 memory-free? time to email Seidio.
    Last edited by TBolt; 05-13-2011 at 05:55 PM.

From a post above on battery from best buy i noticed several Htc units use the same battery, so i checked my old Htc Touch Pro 2 and it has a 1500 battery that will exchange with my Dinc battery, so some may have a spare and didn't know it. Thanks

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: New Incredible Battery Life Sticky: Please Contribute

I wanted to get some input. I have a CM7 rooted phone. The the latest stable update about 3 weeks ago. A couple days ago I tried to take a picture and the phone died. I was about 75% full. When it restarted the battery said 0%. Had to plug it back in and recharge to 100%. Now every time I charge the phone it immediately dies. I've had this phone for about 15 months and use the hell out of it. Is the battery pretty much toast?

I have been using a 3500 mAh battery with extended back on my Dinc for 6 months. I finally just got tired of the bulk. I found a new 1900 mAh battery that works with the original back. Its made by Anker. You can get 2 batteries plus charger for less then $20 on Amazon. I am shocked how well they work for the price. After 36 hours of moderate use on CM7 with juice defender, my battery sits at 40%. I am only into my 2nd charging cycle. Even if these batteries last 6 months, for the price they are well worth it. And the batteries run at 26.4C which is much cooler then the stock 1300 mAh battery.

ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

On the latest CM7 nightly using Chad's latest Incredikernel I can usually go a good day and a half without charging with moderate usage (a few calls, regularly checking in on my Twitter and Google+ accounts, way too much Fruit Ninja). When I flash a new nightly however, which I usually do in the mornings, I always charge it back up to 100% right away so I can recalibrate the battery.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted TouchWiz

I have found the CM7 build 224 to have the best battery life out of all of them so far.
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic!

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and my incredible is not charging properly. I have to take the battery out, let it sit out for 20 minutes and then charge it! The light will go green and then start to discharge. If you don't pull the battery out the orange light will flash for an hour and go out. I cracked the plastic backing that holds the battery because of this. What can I do to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyturboboy View Post
    Hello everyone I am new to the forum and my incredible is not charging properly. I have to take the battery out, let it sit out for 20 minutes and then charge it! The light will go green and then start to discharge. If you don't pull the battery out the orange light will flash for an hour and go out. I cracked the plastic backing that holds the battery because of this. What can I do to fix this problem.
    If it were me, I would try a new battery & then probably factory reset the phone.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info! I did purchase a new battery because the old HTC started to get very warm and I had to pull the battery out of the phone! I reinstalled the old battery and it would not charge after that. If I do a factory reset, could i lose any valuable information?

Does the new battery charge?

If not, I'm just saying that ---> I <--- would do a factory reset, and yes ... you will lose all your phone's data; so, be sure to back up your photos, docs, videos, music, etc. The way I see it is if your new battery isn't charging, you're going to be tossing the phone anyway. Might as well do what Verizon support will make you do anyway: factory reset to clear out garbage settings.

I don't remember if the DInc has a "fast boot" option in settings. If it does, disable it.
    Then, shut off the phone.
    Hold down the volume down button & hold down the power button until you get to the HBOOT screen.
    Choose the factory reset option. (No need to reformat the SD Card, if you see that option.)

yes, the new battery does charge but I have to pull the battery out for 20 min then reinstall it and charges to 100% Then i have to pull the battery back out because it will discharge in the phone overnight turned off. I will backup the phone and do a factory reset. Thanks again!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456