New Incredible Battery Life Sticky: Please Contribute

BBKik

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It's been almost 3 hrs since I've taken it off the charger and the 1750 mah battery is down to 80%. Is that good for this battery?

That would depend on a few things, is this after your 1st charge, if so make sure you follow the instructions on how to charge the first few times and discharge. My 1750 has gotten better over the last few weeks, it was really crappy right after the froyo update. That was just a coincidental I believe because I was playing with it to much. With normal usage I can get a full day out of the 1300 and the 1750.:cool:

IncredibleMike

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Bump Charge (BC) for the first time...I charged the phone via USB from my computer. When the battery was full (green LED indication) I unplugged it and turned it off. Plugged the USB charger back in with the phone off. The LED was Orange. Within 3 minutes the LED was green.

Went to send a text to try and test the battery - the phone locked up! First time it ever did that. Couldn't even turn it off. Had to disconnect the battery to get it to turn off.

Two Questions:
1. Am I just lucky that it only took 3 minutes to recharge?

2. Just coincidence the phone locked up on me, or have others had this experience?

Blahzee#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site
That would depend on a few things, is this after your 1st charge, if so make sure you follow the instructions on how to charge the first few times and discharge. My 1750 has gotten better over the last few weeks, it was really crappy right after the froyo update. That was just a coincidental I believe because I was playing with it to much. With normal usage I can get a full day out of the 1300 and the 1750.:cool:

what are the instructions on how to charge the first few times?

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Redid the battery file on my DINC...

Went through the battery reconfig on Friday. Using the 3500mAh Seidio (i.e. actual capacity approx. 2900mAh).

At this time, the numbers are: 44:16:30 total, 27:16:40 awake, approx. 20%-25% battery live left. In the 'let it drain until phone turns off' phase of the reconfig.

Not too bad, I'd say.

Last edited:

azari

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Finally turned off slight before 54h total and 34.5h awake (or thereabouts). Not too bad, methinks...

Sent from my DROID Incredible using Tapatalk.

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
is it normal

that when i am charging the phone that the batter keeps moving forward and backwards while it's charging...i just got my phone today and i am unhappy with the batter life and the alerts for mail and facebook.i will keep reading this forum to get hints and stuff.

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
help

Is there a list of known battery killing apps? Something is killing mine :(

i also need some batter help.i got my phone today and have not stopped playing with it..i know that is draining my battery some but i can tell it's not good..and i do not get a great signal in my house.i did before with my storm.

jcarley0830

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I know there are a million and a half ways out there to preserve battery life. I don't want to cloudy the waters any further on the "best' way to do so, because I honestly don't know.

Instead I want to share a fluke that happened to me that i think significantly improved my battery.

First off this happened with the extended slim 1750 mah battery from BestBuy manufactured by Sedio. More info here.

I was frustrated like so many others with stock battery so I decided to give this a try. After about a weeks worth of use it was giving me an hour or two more time depending on my usage and I was OK with this. It got me through until I got home.

I use my phone as my alarm so it is on and charging all night. One night I decided to shut off and charge overnight to get as full a charge as possible. Well I was so tired that when the little reminder comes up asking if you want to turn it off, I did nothing and plugged it in and crashed.

The next morning when I went to turn it on, it was still in the suspended are you sure you want to turn off screen. So it charged all night with this reminder screen up and still on.

I shut it off and turned it back on. Not sure if this is what caused it or not, but ever since this, I am getting STELLAR battery life. I have also noticed my awake time seems to be significantly less as well.

With light use I can get 24hrs or more, with moderate use a good 20hrs and with heavy use easily 12-15hrs.

My current stats show the phone has been on for a little less than 5hrs and awake for almost and 1 1/2hrs and I have 85% battery left.

Yesterday my on time was about 15hrs and awake time was almost 5hrs with 2 of that continuous playing of imobster and other games. Finally ran down to 10% about 9:30pm but after that kind of usage, I am thrilled.

I don't know if this was just a fluke for me or what, but I have been having this great battery for over 2 weeks now. I don't claim to know if this will work for everyone so don't run out and buy the battery to try this and then blame me if it doesn't work. Just wanted to share my thoughts on a hot topic issue for us Dinc users.

FYI - I use no task killers or startup management tools.

Last edited:

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. Will give this ^^^ a shot tonight. I also use mine as an alarm and charge overnight, which means bump charging in the morning. I have a 2250 battery, but I like having it topped off to the max.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
VZW is replacing my X with an Incredible tomorrow. I hope that I am doing the right thing. Anyway, does anyone have any input on the 2150 battery available from VZW, such as battery life and added bulk, and is it worth it to switch to this battery?

lewie61

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Instead I want to share a fluke that happened to me that i think significantly improved my battery.
I use my phone as my alarm so it is on and charging all night. One night I decided to shut off and charge overnight to get as full a charge as possible. Well I was so tired that when the little reminder comes up asking if you want to turn it off, I did nothing and plugged it in and crashed.
The next morning when I went to turn it on, it was still in the suspended are you sure you want to turn off screen. So it charged all night with this reminder screen up and still on.
I shut it off and turned it back on. Not sure if this is what caused it or not, but ever since this, I am getting STELLAR battery life. I have also noticed my awake time seems to be significantly less as well.
With light use I can get 24hrs or more, with moderate use a good 20hrs and with heavy use easily 12-15hrs.

I tried this last night and my battery (HTC 2150 A) only charged to 92%. It's clearly not an answer for me. I'll just maintain my nightly routine of shutting the phone off, swapping the stock battery into it and putting the extended battery in the Seidio external charger. That insures that I get a topped off 100% charge every night.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
VZW is replacing my X with an Incredible tomorrow. I hope that I am doing the right thing. Anyway, does anyone have any input on the 2150 battery available from VZW, such as battery life and added bulk, and is it worth it to switch to this battery?

I'd say yes it is worth it. I have the 3500 and use the phone without fear.

Search the Accessories sub-forum. There are lots of threads about the 2150 and the 3500. CrkHead's 3500 thread has lots of great info and there is a 2150 v 3500 thread there as well.

Hope this helps.

stevenpw

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Pappy, the bulk is relatively significant but well worth it as long as you don't have a case. The extra bulk actually makes the phone feel alittle more solid and I do not even notice it now. Plus, it protects the camera lense. I would have to put my Dinc on a car charger to and from work with the stock battery. The 2150 eliminated that completely.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
One question...how does keeping wifi on all the time help reduce battery drain if you are outside of wifi networks? Does it not then begin to search more agressively or does it just kinda sit there waiting for one to show up? This is one of the batt tricks I've never tried.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze