New Incredible Battery Life Sticky: Please Contribute

facedown41

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
lately my INC has been charging rather slow, and then with just moderate use it is dead by 8pm...it seems it has been steadily getting worse since 2.2 update.

any suggestions, i have juice defender which seems to help a lil bit but i think it is also messing with my ability to receive google voice messages when they arrive.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
lately my INC has been charging rather slow, and then with just moderate use it is dead by 8pm...it seems it has been steadily getting worse since 2.2 update.

any suggestions, i have juice defender which seems to help a lil bit but i think it is also messing with my ability to receive google voice messages when they arrive.

maybe VZW will replace the battery if you explain the situation and tell 'em the battery is bad. it happens.

i highly recommend the Seidio 3500 battery -- charge lasts 2 days.

nitrusoxide

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I know literally nothing about phone batteries, but is there any chance that the extended batteries beyond the 1750 will come out in a "slim" size? I can't live with the stock battery anymore because it's starting to affect how I use my phone (i.e. not playing Angry Birds at work). I'm planning on getting the 1750 so it won't affect the size of the phone, but if there was a chance I could get more juice from the beefier batteries without adding size, I would wait.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I know literally nothing about phone batteries, but is there any chance that the extended batteries beyond the 1750 will come out in a "slim" size? I can't live with the stock battery anymore because it's starting to affect how I use my phone (i.e. not playing Angry Birds at work). I'm planning on getting the 1750 so it won't affect the size of the phone, but if there was a chance I could get more juice from the beefier batteries without adding size, I would wait.

No. And, I SERIOUSLY can't understand this hang-up that people have over aesthetics. The phone becomes the useful, unrestrictive tool it should be with the 3500 installed. Why anyone would choose slim over usefulness boggles my mind.

nitrusoxide

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
No. And, I SERIOUSLY can't understand this hang-up that people have over aesthetics. The phone becomes the useful, unrestrictive tool it should be with the 3500 installed. Why anyone would choose slim over usefulness boggles my mind.

Why do some people buy a sports car that gets 10mpg over a Honda Civic that gets 28?

To me it's more the principle of it. I'm already ticked off that the phone doesn't meet my expectations off the shelf, so I want to do as little as possible to get it up to the usefulness I expected.

BBKik

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if switching between my stock battery and my 1750 will screw up my battery stats? I just got 26 hrs with 4.3 hrs of awake time on my 1750, but when I threw in my stock one overnight I dropped 13% overnight. :confused:

Blahzee#AC

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I would have got got a bigger battery but i need to have a case with my phone so i got the 1750.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
2pqmcll.png

Stock 1300MAH Battery also

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
33ng60p.png

And after this I got about another 10 minutes of web surfing with this so its really close to 5 hours of awake time. Not to shabby for a stock 1300mah battery

2afy910.png

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Can rooting really improve battery life? I am barely getting 6 hours right now with limited use. Especially in my work where there is limited signal. I took my phone off the charger at 8:00 this am, and it is now 9:30, and I am down to 62%. Also, what is the best battery for the Dinc?

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I flashed redemption rom with the new HTC kernel and i'm at 52% battery with 20 hours off the charger.

I assume you mean kernel 2.6.32.17?

I've been out of the Android loop for a while -- was costing productivity! Do we know yet where that kernel is actually from? Last I saw the xda crowd were all saying they couldn't vouch for it.

Robmczzz

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My solution to battery life has worked pretty well for me. I bought two wall external battery chargers and always have a spare battery in my pocket. I use all the features, finished Angry Birds at work, take lots of pictures on recent vacation. No worries. Some apps seem to use more, I just did a master reset, got rid of all the crap and put all the apps I use a lot back on it and seems to have improved battery life.

goater1220

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Someone should probaly explain bump charging in detail, but here's how to do it.

Charge your Incredible to max (green light).

Unplug the phone and then turn it off.

Plug it back in (should have an orange light now) and charge it to max again.

Unplug the phone and turn it on. Wait for it to boot up.

Turn the phone off and then plug it back in (should be an orange light again).

Charge it to full (green light) again.

Repeat this process until the light is green immediately upon plugging it back in.
what will this do?

Ruark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Two things I've done that definitely increase battery life:

1. As others have noted, bump-charge it. When it's in the charger (and turned off) and the light's green, unplug it for a few seconds, then plug it back in. The light will be yellow again. It goes back to green in a few minutes.

2. I I don't think I've ever seen anybody recommending this one. INSTEAD of setting the screen timeout for 15-30-60 seconds or so, just set it on 15 minutes. When you finish using the device, press the power button, which turns off the display. It's a total waste of battery power for the display to constantly stay on for a minute after you've finished. Multiply this times the number of times you use it in a day's time, and you're saving some serious juice.