cheap plastic battery cover...

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
well i thought days of stuffing paper in my battery was over. guess not along one side of the inc where the sd card is it flex's the only fix i found was stuffing it with a business card or a piece of paper. this is a great fix for hi end smart phone.:eek:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
well i thought days of stuffing paper in my battery was over. guess not along one side of the inc where the sd card is it flex's the only fix i found was stuffing it with a business card or a piece of paper. this is a great fix for hi end smart phone.:eek:

You sure you got the door on right? All the tabs in slots if they are any ? If you do then I would take it by a vzw store as soon as I could to have them look at/replace it . ;)

I think they have phones set aside for replacement defect phones if thats the case, so the can shipp them out quicker.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

Pretty simple you have a bent battery cover take it back and get it replaced.

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't notice any flexing in that area on my Incredible - as others have mentioned you must have a defective back cover.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed the creaking noise also. It eventually happens after extended use. It was really bad on the Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, and their Touch. I guess this isn't something they are interested in fixing, but I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing glass backings on the next generation of HTC phones ;)