Not receiving Google Voice notifications

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just started having this issue yesterday. I am no longer getting instant Google Voice notifications. I only get notifications once I open the program and "refresh" my GV inbox.

Anyone else having this issue lately??

Kind of frustrating. I have resorted to activating the "send an email notification" option for the time being...

Thanks!

ezun

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
have you turned anything off using a task manager program or have you adjusted your connectivity settings to try and save battery life?

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
have you turned anything off using a task manager program or have you adjusted your connectivity settings to try and save battery life?

I was recently overseas and had to turn off my cellular service. I thought I had reinstated everything...
I haven't made any other changes.

Make sure background data is still checked.

This is definitely still on.

I am going to uninstall and reinstall it...hopefully that will help. I'll let you know. Thanks for the replies.

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
can you delete google voice and reinstall it? i thought it was a native app...sorry, i'm probably wrong...

ye slet us know if uninstalling and installing works. yes you can uninstall it since it is not a native app. you can get the latest copy from the market.

doctorg23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
ye slet us know if uninstalling and installing works. yes you can uninstall it since it is not a native app. you can get the latest copy from the market.

Well...no longer having any obvious issues after the uninstall/reinstall...

Thanks for the advice everyone!

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So there is no real notification then if you have Voicemail Notifications set to not send an email nor Send a text (SMS) message? Was trying to avoid the duplicate notification.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
But it appears to only display as soon as it is received and then goes away? For example, from what I can tell, if you set your phone down for a bit and pick it up later, the Mail app tells you that you have new emails, but not the case with the Voice app or is there a way to keep it displayed on the task bar?

Yes. The notification is in the task bar at the top of your screen.

madkayaker

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been having a similar problem, actually. Google voice SMS notifications have been very late/don't appear at all until I open the app.

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Have you managed to find a work-around?

I've been having a similar problem, actually. Google voice SMS notifications have been very late/don't appear at all until I open the app.

Are you by chance using WiFi over the regular network data (3G) connection?

I have found that sometimes both my Gmail and Googe Voice behave erratically when using WiFi. Not all the time though. What I usually do upon turning off my WiFi is go into both apps and manually refresh just to be certain that I haven't missed a notification. Yes I know that it sounds OCD but at least I know that I'm all good. That reminds me I need to go make sure the door is locked for 800th time. Just kidding :p

If you are not using WiFi at all maybe just cycle the power. Hope this all helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma