Incredible - Native music player turning on by itself once, somtimes twice a day ??

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the Incredible and for some reason.. my native music player will turn on and play songs that are stored on my SD Card.

I am trying to see if there are any patterns, but it usually seems to be from one particular album.

What I find is that I leave the phone in my car and come back and hear quiet music playing...even if I wasn't using the music player before... I am pretty sure I have even locked the phone and it still does it.

I wonder if it is set to go off as some kind of alarm...maybe I need to keep track of whether or not it is happening at the same time each day.

It seems totally random.

I even removed the music widget and app. from my home screen and it did it again today.

Any thoughts ?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have no idea what would cause your music to start on its own. The only thing I can think of to stop this is to clear the data on your music player.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Go to settings>applications>manage applications>music player then clear data. It won't delete any of your music just playlists and settings I think. I just tried it to make sure and all my musics still there and I was able to play it again.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea what would cause your music to start on its own. The only thing I can think of to stop this is to clear the data on your music player.

Thats kind of a bold statement. If you mean save the music reload it , that would be like taking out a virused program then reinstalling it. What would you gain? I would try something else.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thats kind of a bold statement. If you mean save the music reload it , that would be like taking out a virused program then reinstalling it. What would you gain? I would try something else.

it has nothing to do with the music its just deleting the setting in the music player and resetting them back to stock.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings>applications>manage applications>music player then clear data. It won't delete any of your music just playlists and settings I think. I just tried it to make sure and all my musics still there and I was able to play it again.

Ok, thanks, I went to the settings you described and "cleared data" on both the music app and music widget.

All my music was still there, as you mentioned.

Seems strange, like some sort of software bug.

mclarryjr, I will let you know if it works, thanks !!

( may take a day or two to let you know, because it only happens 1-2 times per day).

thanks !

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok, thanks, I went to the settings you described and "cleared data" on both the music app and music widget.

All my music was still there, as you mentioned.

Seems strange, like some sort of software bug.

mclarryjr, I will let you know if it works, thanks !!

( may take a day or two to let you know, because it only happens 1-2 times per day).

thanks !

It's haunted,,,,,,:eek:

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
We'll see if clearing the data works, as mentioned earlier, but if anyone has any other ideas, I would love to know.

I should know if 48-72 hours if this fixed the problem.

thanks !

Jason.

bark8015

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Storm 1, but it seemed to be Bluetooth related.

Your first post implied it only happens when you leave your phone in your car. Is your car/stereo Bluetooth enabled? If so, and clearing your player's settings fails, disable Bluetooth and see if that helps.

It's also possible that another car parks near enough to yours that may have Bluetooth. Just a thought.

Last edited:

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Mine's done this.. basically what I've noticed is that if a ringtone, notification sound for an event is removed the event will play a random mp3 from your music.

Next time this happens, pull the notification bar down and let us know if the music stops.

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue on my Storm 1, but it seemed to be Bluetooth related.

Your first post implied it only happens when you leave your phone in your car. Is your car/stereo Bluetooth enabled? If so, and clearing your player's settings fails, disable Bluetooth and see if that helps.

It's also possible that another car parks near enough to yours that may have Bluetooth. Just a thought.

I tend to agree with this response. I have experienced the same issue and I am 98% sure it had to do with the Sync system on my Ford Edge. I am hoping with Froyo comes some updates to the funtionality of Bluetooth. I'd still take these minor annoyances over the problems with my Storm 1 any day ;)

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Mine's done this.. basically what I've noticed is that if a ringtone, notification sound for an event is removed the event will play a random mp3 from your music.

Next time this happens, pull the notification bar down and let us know if the music stops.

Ok, I will try that.... however, I don't remember any notifications associated with the random playing of music. I haven't set any notifications, as far as I can remember.

It happened twice again today, once at 1042am and once at 1245am - both when I was driving my Ford Edge with Synch.

The problem hasn't happened yet, when I am not around my car... so maybe it has something to do with my car... since I am using the Synch feature which pairs my phone to the blue tooth enabled speaker system on the car ?

Funny, because another poster discussed the Ford Edge with Synch. Well, I just got a Ford Edge with Synch !!... I wonder if I should turn off the Synch feature ( which basically lets the stereo on the Ford serve as a blue tooth) and see if that stops the problem... but I really do like Synch.

Bottom line I am concerned with is this... is my phone defective or just a software issue or glitch ??

Last edited:

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I tend to agree with this response. I have experienced the same issue and I am 98% sure it had to do with the Sync system on my Ford Edge. I am hoping with Froyo comes some updates to the funtionality of Bluetooth. I'd still take these minor annoyances over the problems with my Storm 1 any day ;)

CCW, if you see my earlier post, I might be in the same situation as you. Just got my Ford Edge with Synch and I don't remember this happening on my other car that did not have Synch.

I think the best test is to disable Synch and just use a blue tooth earpiece and see if the issue continues.

I have also observed that the issue doesn't seem to happen outside of my car (with Synch)... thought I mostly use my phone in the car.

thanks for the info. I will disable Synch tomorrow on my Ford Edge and see if that takes care of the problem.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, I didn't disable Synch in my Ford Edge and my music player didn't come on inadvertently ( at least today, it didn't)

Having Synch is awesome, but it may be the problem regarding why my music player occassionally activates itself in while I am in my car. The weird thing is, the music always seems to turn on when the phone is in standby mode.

So, far the music player has not come on, except when I am in my Synch equipped car, so, as it has been suggested earlier, the Synch system in the car may be the culprit.

If it gets too annoying, I will disable the connection between my Inc. and blue tooth Synch built into the car and see if the problem goes away.

Anyone else having this issue ?

TBarnhardt

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've had the music player turn on by itself twice now. The first time I couldn't get it to stop or even change the volume with anything other than a battery pull. The second time I was able to turn the volume down, and the screen told me I was adjusting the ringer volume (I assume because I have the use-ringer-volume-for-notifications box checked.) I'm assuming it's somehow tied to a notification bug, but man does it ever get your attention when Flyleaf's "I'm So Sick" comes blasting out of your phone at work instead of a polite little "ding".

buya97

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
i get it when I take my headphones out of there jack sometimes, the native music player starts to go, I use mixzing for my main music listening

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

Same thing happened with my Storm 1 and now my Inc.. I usually listen to Slacker through BT in my car, when I leave the car, the music player starts on it's own even though Slacker is still running. I don't have a Ford though, I have a Mercedes and I use a Fipo BT dongle plugged into the iPod input cable .

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had the music player turn on by itself twice now. The first time I couldn't get it to stop or even change the volume with anything other than a battery pull. The second time I was able to turn the volume down, and the screen told me I was adjusting the ringer volume (I assume because I have the use-ringer-volume-for-notifications box checked.) I'm assuming it's somehow tied to a notification bug, but man does it ever get your attention when Flyleaf's "I'm So Sick" comes blasting out of your phone at work instead of a polite little "ding".

Can we hope for a solution for this... maybe a bug fix in a future OS update ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463