In-Network Texting on Verizon

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I just got an Incredible, coming from a Storm 1.
My question is about text confirmation. On every vzw phone I've ever had (dumb phone, BB, treo, etc) when a vzw user texts another vzw user, a "D" appears next to the message to show it was Received by the recipients phone.

I can't figure out how to get the incredible do this. Do I really need a third party App to make this happen? I've read mixed review about these apps having bugs and connectivity issues.
Look forward to your input.

jnick#AC

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I recall reading that there IS a setting you can change somewhere to get this to happen, I just don't remember where. I also am still waiting for my phone so I can't tinker around on this end to figure it out either :(. However, I do recall reading that it was possible.

jnick#AC

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
That thread is talking about long pressing on a message YOU sent to see it's delivery status, one of which will say "Received".

The idea is, there is no icon, such as the Check with the 'D' in plain view for delivery confirmation. The way I understood that thread is it WILL show IN-Network delivery status, providing you long press the message you sent.

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Under the messaging section, go to settings and enable delivery reports on SMS or MMS as you please. It's not the same as on other phones but it'll tell you on the message.

amojeba

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I had a msg that send pending...while clearly it was received bc she responded back. Not sure why this has texting issues...clearly the report doesn't work

JF

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I know Blackberry has this on their BB messenger, as you had stated above, but I was not aware that other phones had this as well.

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I know Blackberry has this on their BB messenger, as you had stated above, but I was not aware that other phones had this as well.

It doesn't actually say that the message was read like BBM, rather just that it was delivered. Most verizon phones have this (while SMSing others who are also on Verizon)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield