1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Clock widget

I use the flip-clock HTC widget (the one that's in every screenshot you see) but the little "blades" on the clock don't actually flip. I've seen the same widget on an HTC T-Mobile Windows phone, and the blades are animated when the time changes, but on my Incredible the numbers just change.

Is there a setting I'm missing, or are there different versions of the widget for different phones?

just a guess but are ALL animations turned on ???
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yup, I checked Settings -> Sound & Display -> Animation and it's set to "All Animations".

i dunno then, isnt somthing ive ever noticed (or cared for to be honest lol) the phone..im usually blazing thru websites (hint hint) so i barely ever notice the clock hahah

just watched mine change. no "flipping" of the clock just an image change.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Can't remember if my phone did or not but I want to say yes. But I've been using Beautiful widgets for awhile
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by TBarnhardt View Post
    Yup, I checked Settings -> Sound & Display -> Animation and it's set to "All Animations".
    mine would do the flipping thing if i had it on standby for a while and then turned on the screen. afterwards i turned off the animations options and it stopped doing it.

but now i removed that widget and am using the smaller version of the clock and weather widget. the extra row of icons is much more useful for me.

Quote Originally Posted by trmoney24 View Post
    but now i removed that widget and am using the smaller version of the clock and weather widget. the extra row of icons is much more useful for me.
    which are you using? would like another row too, sorry to thread-jack..........

Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    ROM
    AXIOM 2.4

Quote Originally Posted by benvfr View Post
    which are you using? would like another row too, sorry to thread-jack..........
    no problem, that's what we are all here for, to share information!
    go to +, WIDGET, CLOCK, scroll over to 5 of 12. I use that with the current city, but no city label.
    Then go to +, WIDGET, WEATHER (HTC), scroll over to 3 of 3. I use that with current city as well. It will label the city automatically. figured no point in having the city listed in 2 places.
    set those up side by side and there you go. looked a little funny at first, but now i like it better.
    The clock one is redundant since the time is listed at top, but i like seeing the date on my home screen.
    Thanked by:
    benvfr