gatortuba

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I setup hotmail but every time I open a message on my phone it does nto mark it as opened in hotmail.

Is there a setting or fix for this?

trmoney24

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I setup hotmail but every time I open a message on my phone it does nto mark it as opened in hotmail.

Is there a setting or fix for this?

i don't use hotmail, but from i have heard, hotmail doesn't support IMAP, only POP. IMAP is what you need to support what you are talking about.

Honestly, you will have a much better experience if you switch to gmail. Gmail will be synced both ways on your phone and computer. meaning if you check an email on your computer, it will mark it as read on your phone, and vice versa. Plus you will get PUSH notifications of emails, which means instant notification. you can also sync your contacts and calendar with each other. the options are truly endless.

And to make your switch even easier, gmail now has a feature to import your emails and contacts info from hotmail. Once you do that, you just need to send out a mass email to your friends giving them the new email address, and maybe change your online profiles to your new email address. its not too bad of a process. i've helped quite a few friends switch over pretty easily.

gatortuba

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have Gmail, but I have a hotmail(msn) account that would take forever to get everyone to switch from e-mailing me though it.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Why not just forward your email to gmail and use the native stuff. That's what I do, and it works out just fine.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Why not just forward your email to gmail and use the native stuff. That's what I do, and it works out just fine.

That's what I do as well. I have my yahoo mail forwarded to my gmail so I have the convience of push and syncing both ways. Everyone still emails me on my yahoo and when I reply back I set gmail to reply as my yahoo and no one is the wiser. It is perfect. Plus even with IMAP with yahoo it wouldn't sync my yahoo folders. It brought the folders over but they were empty the mail I have saved in them on the web doesn't show on the phone. That is not the case with gmail. You get all that info.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
That's what I do as well. I have my yahoo mail forwarded to my gmail so I have the convience of push and syncing both ways. Everyone still emails me on my yahoo and when I reply back I set gmail to reply as my yahoo and no one is the wiser. It is perfect. Plus even with IMAP with yahoo it wouldn't sync my yahoo folders. It brought the folders over but they were empty the mail I have saved in them on the web doesn't show on the phone. That is not the case with gmail. You get all that info.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Yeah you get it too, I do that with several free email accounts and several accounts off my own web server and it works great. Nobody knows I'm replying from a Gmail account so no having to send out the, "here is my new address", emails etc. I think it only took me about 10 seconds an account to verify them so I could do it that way and I haven't had to touch it since.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03