Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Crazy Blinking Screen

First of all I love the phone, but recently the screen started blinking so bad it became unusable. I restarted but the problem keeps coming back. Anyone else having this same problem??
    HTC Droid Incredible and loving it...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,394 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Sounds like you have a bad phone and should get a replacement. You could try a factory reset, good luck

Yeah, if a master reset doesn't fix it, it's time for a new phone.

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

Blinking on/off or just dim/bright?
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,262 Global Posts

well, you are the absolute first person i've seen talk about this...i would say to just get it replaced

Thumbs up

Turn off the auto bightness. Sometimes in a shadowy room the phone does a light dim/bright sort of thing for me, but not in most situations.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I did a factory reset and spent all day getting everything back on the phone. So far so good so maybe it just had a cold
    HTC Droid Incredible and loving it...

Are you talking about when in a phone conversation and trying to bring up the home screen I have that problem. And had. On. My first phone and my replacement. I'm gunman try the auto dim that someone suggested because its anoying. But besides that problem. And a few constant bugs I'm in love! Plus I can't wait for August to come fast enough because that's when I was told the Inc. Will get 2.2!

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts

Default Re: Crazy Blinking Screen

Do you use FeedR? Google changed the sync API & the app broke if you had it set to sync with Google. FeedR was updated later that day but what you're describing is what was going on before the app was updated.

Curious if that was it.

X

Sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk.

I installed the Google voice widget the other day and my screen did the same thing.....it just kept blinking on and off. I finally pulled the battery and never had a problem since.

I turned off the auto bright and my problem hasn't occurred since

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

I hate the words......battery pull,but sometimes it helps.LOL