Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyway to record video with the screen off?

I have been taking my phone to the range and recording my shooting (self critique). However, it drains the battery fast and I have no way to plug in.

My case makes it a pain to change batteries so I'm wondering if there is anyway to record and turn the screen off while its recording to save battery.

Any apps or settings that allow this?

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

I'm sure you have tried this, but if not, have you tried recording and then pushing the power button while the recording is happening?

If I had to guess I would say there is no way to do this because most people want to see what they are recording while they are recording it. I wonder if you turn the screen brightness all the way down if it would help save the battery a little?
    htc - Incredible

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

You could just dim the screen down to 0% manually.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Bundy View Post
    You could just dim the screen down to 0% manually.
    Unless I'm doing something wrong, I can only turn it down to the dim setting that comes up when the phone sits past its "idle" setting. Is there somewhere else I can turn it down to 0?

Duracell Instant Charger | Portable USB Charger for Cell Phones, iPhones, iPods, and More

I have one of the older models, works great when I know I am gonna be without power for awhile or want to watch a movie or something on a long car ride.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Thumbs up Re: Anyway to record video with the screen off?

Yes, you can record with screen turned off. Check out this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...atsoftware.hvc.
    I hope it will work or you.