Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts

Default Droid Incredible is NOT discontinued.

I work for Verizon Wireless. I've been reading over countless threads about the Incredible being discontinued.

What no one saw on that "leaked" equipment guide is the actual SKU related to the device. Yes, the Incredible is on the closeout list, but it's the SKU labeled "ADR6300VW"

What happened is that VZW released the Incredible under the SKU "ADR6300VW2", this includes a box that looks similar to the Droid Eris, and it comes pre-packaged with the 2GB memory card.

As a rep who sells this phone pretty regularly, I don't see this phone disappearing anytime soon. These rumors need to stop.
    Thanked by 5:

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

That makes sense. So that certain SKU is being abandoned, while another SKU will take it's place?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JKK Photography View Post
    That makes sense. So that certain SKU is being abandoned, while another SKU will take it's place?
    exactly.

So...since you work for VW....what's up with our phones and shipping??
    Incredible ordered: 6/5
    Processed: 6/5
    Estimated Ship Date: 6/25
    Actual ship date: Doesn't look like anytime soon
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissyO View Post
    So...since you work for VW....what's up with our phones and shipping??
    Well, when Apple announced that the iPhone was not coming to Verizon, we got slammed with orders of people jumping to this phone. It took us from about a 2 week wait to over a month. This doesn't help that Samsung is very behind on AMOLED manufacturing.

With most customers coming in asking about Android, I'm pushing the Droid X a little more because of the availability and that it will be in stock before a lot of Incredibles even ship.

I have an Inc myself, and I'm upgrading to the X July 15.

funny i havent seen any threads on the "discontuation" of the phone...
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    They're definitely there.

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    There are at least 2 of them floating around now...

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Any word on shipping being delayed an additional 5 days? If so, what is the cause for the extra delay and who exactly does it effect?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,224 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rippin508 View Post
    Any word on shipping being delayed an additional 5 days? If so, what is the cause for the extra delay and who exactly does it effect?
    all i've heard is that "could" affect anyone who placed their order prior to 6/28. it won't affect everyone, but they never told us why.

Brandon quick question the primary line on my account can get its 1 year upgrade in September but contact not up till 2011can I still take advantage of the upgrade to Droid X on the 15th even though contract's not up til 2011 but can upgrade in 2010??? Thanks

Thank you for the confirmation, Brandon! I'm just curious...why the jump to the X? Personal preference seems to play a large role I would assume, however i guess what I'm asking is have you gotten a chance to play with the X? Are there notable performance boosts in comparison to the incredible? Or are you making the move due to the added screen size and added features such as the hdmi output and the 720p recording?

Thank you!

ah i see the one thread.....it was locked 5 days ago though thats why i missed it
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

I am so glad VZW is pushing Android so hard. It seems to me they have done more for Android since the Droid launched back in November than all the 3 other carriers combined. And good on you for showing people to the Droid X, its a new Android user all the same =]
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Would you be able to tell us about how many incs have been sold so for maybe a ballpark figure

I never thought it would be discontinued, didn't make any sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Qbfinest83 View Post
    Would you be able to tell us about how many incs have been sold so for maybe a ballpark figure
    Even if he could, I'm pretty sure he would lose his job for doing so.

Global Posts
    709 Global Posts
    ROM
    GNex: CM10. N7: stock

Quote Originally Posted by wild style View Post
    Even if he could, I'm pretty sure he would lose his job for doing so.
    I learned this lesson with Verizon a few month ago. I used to work for FiOS and I put some dates for an update up on dslreports.com and within 4 days I was unemployed. They're dead serious about that confidentiality agreement.

Wow, what did they say to you? How did they know it was you?
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

If anyone remembers a time ago the verizon website had the Incredible missing from its phone list. This is the reason... the sku was retired and replaced with a new one. Took a few minutes for the Incredible to refresh on their website.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

I just tried to order one for another phone on my plan and they are no longer on the website and the CS rep stated that the Incredible must be retired. Looks like the only way to get one is from a 3rd party store.
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

My wife finally got VZW to send her a new phone to replace her pos LG Ally today. If she wanted to trade it in for an incredible it would have cost $50. So they're still available from VZW... not sure if it was brand new though.

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

Whatever is in stores is it. No more coming out.

According to a manager I know he has heard it is being discontinued. So I guess we will know soon enough.

I have a brother who had two defective ones out of the box and they let him get the X instead. Hmmmm. Makes me think this is definitely true. If so an very disappointed. I love my incredible
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast