Email Issues -Yahoo

joeturni#CB

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone experiences problems sending and receiving email on the Dincs? Gmail is working fine, but I continue to get Login Failed messages when using or refreshing my Yahoo email account...started last night 6/24 and continuing into today...

bigdds

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I was having so many problems with the Yahoo e-mail on my DInc that I got rid of it on my phone switched everything to Gmail and said goodbye to Yahoo. That plus I got one of those spam things in my Yahoo account that sent links to BS websites to everyone in my contact list.

GuinessDraft

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, and I was using the Yahoo Mail Plus servers.

This morning I am not having a problem with Yahoo. However, I did power off my phone overnight for charging. Have you tried rebooting to see if that fixes the problem? That may be what fixed the issue for me.

climber20

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you on wifi while trying to connect? Yahoo mail will only update over 3G for some reason (there's a thread out there explaining why, but I forgot the specifics).

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I can't remember why yahoo mail won't work over wifi, but it doesn't. Annoying.

I put an internet bookmark for my yahoo mail next to the stock email icon. If I'm in wifi range and see notifications for yahoo mail, or if yahoo mail is just generally acting up, I check it that way. I don't love yahoo's mobile email interface, but with the DI's super fast browser, it's easy enough to clear out emails from the various mailing lists I'm on (which is mostly what I use it for).

jermaine151

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo! Mail doesn't work via wireless because your device's IP address becomes your home internet address and not one of the Verizon addresses that are allowed to use the IMAP/POP service for free.

"Seven" beta is an awesome program for Yahoo! Mail and kept me from switching to gmail (been with Yahoo since 1999 and not a big gmail fan for mail). It does "push" to the device, keeping your phone from chewing up its battery by polling yahoo servers. Register for it here:

SEVEN Beta Program :: Welcome to SEVEN Beta Program

Then, DO NOT try the download link because our device is not listed. Instead just login and then use this link and install as you would any .apk:

http://community.seven.com/files/Z7-rel23-384237-def_seven-preview.apk

You'll love it. Includes an IM client too, for Google chat and Windows Live, but I don't use that. I use the email program for my yahoo and gmail.

I've attached some screenshots.

Last edited:

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Agree with LDubs. I'm not crazy about the Maildroid ads, but I tried K9 and for some reason, it wouldn't download my mail reliably. Maildroid works like a charm over 3G, WiFi, whatever. I use it with multiple yahoo accounts and gmail, too. I hope the dev offers a version without ads so I can snap that up.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have this issue? I'm using Maildroid now, but this happened in K-9 as well:

The app will notify me that I have new mail, but when I load my inbox, nothing new is in there. What's it doing? Is it confused? It's very annoying.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo! Mail doesn't work via wireless because your device's IP address becomes your home internet address and not one of the Verizon addresses that are allowed to use the IMAP/POP service for free.

"Seven" beta is an awesome program for Yahoo! Mail and kept me from switching to gmail (been with Yahoo since 1999 and not a big gmail fan for mail). It does "push" to the device, keeping your phone from chewing up its battery by polling yahoo servers. Register for it here:

SEVEN Beta Program :: Welcome to SEVEN Beta Program

Then, DO NOT try the download link because our device is not listed. Instead just login and then use this link and install as you would any .apk:

http://community.seven.com/files/Z7-rel23-384237-def_seven-preview.apk

You'll love it. Includes an IM client too, for Google chat and Windows Live, but I don't use that. I use the email program for my yahoo and gmail.

I've attached some screenshots.

I am now using Seven after your post, just wish it would work over wifi! Aside from that is so far seems awesome!

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
DAng it people!!! Can't there be a mail client that does everything we want? Now I'm having another problem with Maildroid that might be a deal-breaker: I take pix with the camera and want to e-mail them. I tap "share", choose "with Maildroid", and... it doesn't attach the pix. :(:(:(

If Seven doesn't work with Yahoo over wifi, that's useless too. Crap.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
OH, and another thing that's pissing me off about Maildroid - I can't get it to work properly with my contacts - usually in a mail client you start typing an address and it picks up the contact as a choice - Maildroid isn't doing it. Double-Crap.

jermaine151

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am now using Seven after your post, just wish it would work over wifi! Aside from that is so far seems awesome!

It does work over wifi for me. I use it at home every day over wifi without any issues. Someone else try it and report back, please.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
LDubs, I think we solved most of your issues:

1. You had an old version, after you updated you saw the contacts
2. You found a bug where you can share one image, but trying to share multiple images does not work
3. As for new mail, please email me with more details

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
LDubs, I think we solved most of your issues:

1. You had an old version, after you updated you saw the contacts
2. You found a bug where you can share one image, but trying to share multiple images does not work
3. As for new mail, please email me with more details

1. Yes, fixed with new version
2. Yes, there's a bug where you have to go to camera, gallery, tap the photo you want to send, then tap "share", via Maildroid, and the file attaches.
3. Just sent you an e-mail on this one. It's a "phantom" new mail indicator - i.e. I'll get a new mail indicator, maildroid icon in my status bar on top, but when I load my inbox, there's no new mail.

lexcoupe2100

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I having problems installing seven.., where is the apk file? I unzipped it all on my sd card but I cannot seem to locate the app in my phone.., what am i doing wrong?

RaiderFan#AC

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo Mail

Posted this else ware but here goes again. When I send mail from Yahoo it keeps sending same mail over and over again. It seems to get stuck in inbox and when I bring up yahoo mail it re-sends. Can not delete from inbox.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463