What Do You Guys Store On Your SD Card ?

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
What should be stored on the phones memory and what on the SD? I have my music and pictures stored on the SD card now, but I think when you first get the phone, the default is to save everything on the phone memory.

I ran into a problem where I wanted to backup my pictures on-line to my Lookout account, but it only sees the pictures on the phones memory.

kareden

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I also think the default is to store everything in the phone memory. So far, I only have pictures, so I changed the menu to put all pictures on my SD card. I want to save the phone memory for apps until my DInc gets its helping of Froyo.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Just got my phone yesterday, how do you change the default to save pictures to the SD?

Open the camera, hit the menu button, look for the sprockets on the left.

There is a tab that says phone storage change that to memory card.

I have pictures, video's, movies, music on my SD card.

To back up your pictures you can DL photobucket from the market. It is a free app, but you have to manually upload the pix.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
also, when backing up pix to a PC, make sure you change the USB settings to disk drive instead of charge only (as is the stock default), i changed mind to be disk drive by default without asking me, so it always goes straight to that mode when i plug in. you should get an autorun window on your PC and you can go from there.

bigpetefox

A delicious bass...
Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I have alittle over 700 apps on my media card (in .apk, not installed), a bunch of pics, and maybe 6GB of music. One of these days when I have time to play around, I'm gonna try out Apps2SD on a blank microSD for the hell of it..

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
i keep everything on the SD card. File managers allow for playing around on the SD card and i can always pop it out and take all my apps/games videos music and pictures with me somewhere else

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well I keep everything but my music on there. I figure thats the only thing I don't need there right now. And I don't keep much music on me because I listen to mainly podcasts and streaming music. Not to mention almost every app is written to save it's stuff to the SD card.

I wish I could set the phone up to where it would save all the junk and data folders on the phone storage and only place media etc on the sd, but maybe in the future!

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
you can snag a 16 GB card for $20 or less that will work. the price for the new 32 GB cards are like $150+ so only you can decide what you need/want

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Are the 32gb microsd cards out yet? I have been using the 16gb microsd since i got my Storm in Feb of '09. I have twenty or so movies n videos plus a ton of pics and about 600 songs on my sd card using it in my Inc. Where can you get the 16gb microsd cards for $20?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret