Im Stuck with the Droid Incredible...

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Well I got my incredible on launch day and loved it at first. then I noticed I was dropping calls like crazy... at certain times I would get random voicemail notifications (with the phone showing no missed calls) where the people that would call me said it just rings and rings.... On my end it NEVER rang once. I also am having poor voice quality... fading in and out, robotic sounding voices... ect..

On the other hand.. My wife?s Droid works amazing! sound quality is great, no dropped calls and everything. I can?t believe how bad of a "phone" the incredible actually is. Sure the interface and apps and everything else is great, but the phone part is just plain horrible.

It makes me miss my blackberry storm 1 (and that is sad) as I never had any call issues with it..

I am past my 30 days.. on my 2nd incredible and am stuck with it.. wish I would have known the X was coming out.. i would have waited..

just needed to rant..

When you swapped your phone the first time how long did it take to come in the mail?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your phone has a pair of bad radios or something is funky with the Android installation. Have you tried a factory reset or swapping the phone? My Incredible has been far superior in every respect than what my Storm 1 was......

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like your phone has a pair of bad radios or something is funky with the Android installation. Have you tried a factory reset or swapping the phone? My Incredible has been far superior in every respect than what my Storm 1 was......

+1 on that. My Incredible is truly incredible.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site

I second that! No call issues/dropped calls/missed calls with my DI. Big Red should swap out the phone for you if you are having those issues.

I wouldn't sweat the Moto X coming out next month. The fact is that there will ALWAYS be a better device coming out every few months. There is an explosion of development going on in the mobile device industry and there is no sign of it slowing down. Just think, by the time you are eligible for upgrade off the DI, Verizon will have 4g and all new devices to pick from. I firmly believe the DI is the best option on VZ right now and once it gets Froyo, lookout! -)

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Had my Incredible for 2+ weeks and haven't had a dropped call yet. Can't speak to your experience, but for me the phone on the Incredible has been just as good as the phones on the dumbphones that I've had previously...

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I've had bettery issues signal issues dropped miss calls its crazy. I'm in same boat think ill stick my incredible on ebay.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I dropped one or two calls in a fringe area where previous phones held the call.
Call quality could be better, but HTC said a fix will be sent out to correct the issue.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I was in a very fringe area.....usually if I am on a call, and drive through, it stays connected. I stopped and it dropped.
But HTC sent me an email last week saying they are addressing call quality issues that have been reported on their support page.

I still love this device more than any other device.....

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've not dropped a call yet...or maybe it was 1 call, I don't recall exactly, but this phone was so much better than my storm 1 its not even funny.

That said, I can understand the frustration. If you want to sell it, by all means, but if your waiting anyways, why not take the time to try a third one? Or maybe you can go into a storefront and talk to a manager about swapping for a pre-ordered droid x?

I don't think HTC is waiting on anything, if you had a storm 1, surely you understand how long it takes for verizon to come out with updates. I think if anything, thats the holdup.

I do know that if you use one of those online services that you can sell your phone through...you can get like $260 for it and you don't have to deal with ebay. I was surfing gizmodo or engadget or something and an ad came up so i thought, what the heck, I'll see what I could get for my incredible. I just don't remember the name of the service or website now.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone ever consider they might be trolling....?

Based on previos posting history, I wouldn't say klittle81 is trolling. Sounds like he just had a bad experience with the incredible...it happens. Even the best devices in the world is bound to have a few duds in the bunch.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
They could be, and it's possible. Don't forget OP, if they swap it out three times you can pick a different phone as long as it was manufacturing defects. And from what you describe it could either be Verizon service in your area of the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech