It's Been 2 Months and I STILL Love This Phone!!!

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I really thought there would be some B.S. problems that would rear their ugly heads by now, just like they did with my old POS Storm, but thankfully that hasn't happened. I still can't believe how freaking great this phone is!!!! I seem to enjoy it more each day! I have almost 70 apps on it and don't hesitate to try new ones. I would NEVER even consider that with my BB because it would go from fun to constant freezes and battery pulls very quickly.

People don't hesitate to complain when a product doesn't deliver, myself included, so I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread to praise Android, HTC and even Verizon. Way to go!:)

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow! It has been 2 months already. I hadn't even realized that. Still feels like this thing is new and exciting. A testament to the phone and the UI.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yup, this phone is the shiznit. I actually got over my obsession with free memory I learned from my stormy days and deleted the task killer I was using as it turns out the phone does a great job of managing resources all on it's own.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I still love mine too. My only two complaints are the charging issue (which can hopefully be fixed with a firmware update) and I wish it would have come with a larger stock battery. Other than that this phone is amazing.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the "This is the best phone I have every had" party!! I have had it since May 27th and I absolutely love it. I have quite a few apps and I'm on this forum everyday reading up and learing.

I'm new to android so this has been (and still is) a complete learning experience. I did changed my boot up animation to the cool red eye and the Droid audio and that works great!!

Also like to thank the folks on this forum for being so helpful and sharing their experiences as well as aswering questions and guiding folks like me. :)

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Love this phone! I really feel sorry for people with BlackBerries. Can't wait to see Froyo, but I still have my money on Thanksgiving for a DINC update.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I really thought there would be some B.S. problems that would rear their ugly heads by now, just like they did with my old POS Storm, but thankfully that hasn't happened. I still can't believe how freaking great this phone is!!!! I seem to enjoy it more each day! I have almost 70 apps on it and don't hesitate to try new ones. I would NEVER even consider that with my BB because it would go from fun to constant freezes and battery pulls very quickly.

People don't hesitate to complain when a product doesn't deliver, myself included, so I thought I'd go ahead and start a thread to praise Android, HTC and even Verizon. Way to go!:)

Yeah I figured there would be something show up by now and nothing has! Nothing but enjoyment, I've been having fun trying new apps and making this phone do things my BB's would never imagine doing.

Wow! It has been 2 months already. I hadn't even realized that. Still feels like this thing is new and exciting. A testament to the phone and the UI.

I hadn't either until I read this thread! This phone has made my mobile environment so much more enjoyable!

wow 2 months already?!!! actually I ordered mine on the 29th and got it on the first.
I LOVE THIS DEVICE!

Ordered mine on the 28th and got it the 30th!

I think that froyo will come to our phone last without rooting because of sense and also Verizon policies....

Exactly which is why I rooted it up. Cyanogen and the others are very close to bringing us a nice 2.2 experience sooner than later. Gotta appreciate the devs and testers for bringing us so many toys to play around with!

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely going to check out that fascinate/galaxy s when it comes to verizon. Even though I'm pretty happy with my dinc.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
What charging issue???

Technically there is a charging issue with the battery not fully charging. Look up the bump charge method to see what it's all about. However I haven't had that issue since swapping batteries so I don't know if it was the battery or the phone dropping 6-10% charge right after being took off the charger but bump charging the stock battery seemed to fix it.

bigdds

May 3, 2010
Visit site
learned about the bump charge deal last week and it works wonders, I easily got an extra 3-4 hours of use, of course I found out about it the day after I ordered the 2150 battery but this battery is pretty sweet as well, I never worry about having enough juice for the day now and that was the only issue I ever had with this phone since release day, no regrets at all

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Everyone seems very happy with their Dinc here. Don't get me wrong, I am too (except for some minor software issues).

1. Gmail app desperately needs to be revamped. (No copy & paste... are you kidding me?? Didn't Google learn from Apple's mistake with the iPhone 3G?)
2. Battery use. (Need I say more?)
3. The "Android Experience": I switched from an jailbroken iPhone because I was sick & tired of Apple's crap and how slow the iPhone was. I guess my expectations were really high when I got the Dinc. How come scrolling from screen to screen and viewing web pages isn't as smooth?

There are a ton of items that I absolutely love about this phone. And I'm guessing that my pet peeves above will be addressed with Froyo. So that leaves one question to be answered.... "Do I return the Dinc and wait for the Droid X?"

gowild00

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I came from jailbroken iPhone 3GS and haven't looked back - in fact, had to use that phone this weekend (I gave it to my wife and she needed some help setting it up) and I was struck by how much better the Dinc was in comparison - the Incredible is so fast and I just haven't seen the kinds of battery issues folks have talked about - it's better than the 3GS in battery life - needs an intraday charge less often that 3GS which, I think, is a function of Verizon coverage being better so less energy spent looking for a signal - not much I'd change on Dinc -

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently went through a bout of uncertainty about Inc vs. X. But after watching some of the Droid X videos out there I quickly was over it. The Inc is the phone for me.

Aaron

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Everyone seems very happy with their Dinc here. Don't get me wrong, I am too (except for some minor software issues).

1. Gmail app desperately needs to be revamped. (No copy & paste... are you kidding me?? Didn't Google learn from Apple's mistake with the iPhone 3G?)
2. Battery use. (Need I say more?)
3. The "Android Experience": I switched from an jailbroken iPhone because I was sick & tired of Apple's crap and how slow the iPhone was. I guess my expectations were really high when I got the Dinc. How come scrolling from screen to screen and viewing web pages isn't as smooth?

There are a ton of items that I absolutely love about this phone. And I'm guessing that my pet peeves above will be addressed with Froyo. So that leaves one question to be answered.... "Do I return the Dinc and wait for the Droid X?"

Remember Android is less than two years old, you still need to give it time to mature a bit. Some of those features will be added sooner or later.