1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7-GB

Default I jumped ship

Just sold my Inc on eBay the other day.

I decided I'd like to have the X more, even though I still thought this phone was great. Screen real estate has became more important to me lately... and I just felt the Inc's screen could be a tad bit bigger for my needs. I used 13 minutes this month (lol), ~600 texts, and 3.5GB of data. Can you tell what I use most? I'm also liking the GPU & newer OMAP processor! Plus I couldn't turn down upgrading! This transition is going to cost me just about nothing... either around +30 or -30.

Anyways, it was a great run with this phone.

I had a few days of doubt were I thought I might want to ditch the Inc for the X but after I saw some of the X videos I decided to stay with the Inc. It does everything I need, and is a much prettier phone in my opinion than the X. I guess I can live with a little screen size envy.

Aaron

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

I seriously thought about it as well. One thing held me back: the size. Way to big for me.

Good luck though! It looks great

You are still a DROOOOID!

Bottomline.... some people are just going to want a big screen... period...

coming from the BB world and the Storm 1, I feel that the Inc is about the perfect size for me and I have big hands... I am lighting fast on the text side using landscape and not bad on the portrait side.... But, I think that anything bigger for me will slow me down texting...

I use this for watching movies while traveling and allot of text and emails...

So.... Enjoy the X.....

Lego!
    HTC ONE (M8)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)

Have fun with the new phone. be sure to stop by and give us your rundown on it

how much $ did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

And this warranted a post why? Glad you are getting the device you want but?
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

bigger screen doesn't equal more real estate - it still runs the same resolution as the Inc or Moto Droid which means everything is just bigger on your screen. Its the same thing with the EVO

but enjoy the new phone!
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    bigger screen doesn't equal more real estate - it still runs the same resolution as the Inc or Moto Droid which means everything is just bigger on your screen. Its the same thing with the EVO

but enjoy the new phone!
    Yeah forgot about that angle on it too. Of course he may be talking about pure size as real estate.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

I jumped ship also. I was at my 30 days and had no choice. The lack of support from HTC was the factor. The EVO seems to be thier favorite child. The Inc would not charge fully without being turned off (at least mine didnt) and the complete lack of accessories was worrisome. If the Inc gets a software update fixing the battery issue I may very well be back. But for full price, I just couldnt take that chance.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Doesn't it have more resolution vertically then the INC or Droid?

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Redemption ROM

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Doesn't it have more resolution vertically then the INC or Droid?
    54 pixels. Not by much.

In fact, developers have voiced anger over the DROID and the (I assume) the X having 54 more pixels vertically than the EVO, N1, Inc., and other phones.

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i'll get a new phone when my upgrade approaches next year...i'm pretty sure there will be at least 10 new android phones available to choose from. but for now the incredible is doing its job...
    @workMakin$

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    i'll get a new phone when my upgrade approaches next year...i'm pretty sure there will be at least 10 new android phones available to choose from. but for now the incredible is doing its job...
    Nah they will discontinue older models. By then there will be only a handful or so if I had to guess. And out of those 5 2-3 will be "new" to the market. Of course you aren't talking much considering a new phone comes out monthly at this point lol.
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Nah they will discontinue older models. By then there will be only a handful or so if I had to guess. And out of those 5 2-3 will be "new" to the market. Of course you aren't talking much considering a new phone comes out monthly at this point lol.
    Yes, but we'll be able to get duo core phones in a few months

I think/hope

Yeah, both Evo & X are just too big. For me it's the balance between size and substance. So far the best thing out there is the DI.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonChuck View Post
    Yes, but we'll be able to get duo core phones in a few months

I think/hope
    Don't count on dual core phones until next year. 1.5Ghz moto is rumoured for the end of this year can't remember. HTC I think will answer back with the dual core equivalent sometime around the same time or after. Right now I imagine they are fighting to come up with a GPU enabled phone to compete on the level of the X.
    NEXUS!!!!!!