did they ever fix signal bar issue??

Rickbubello

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to know if htc or verizon ever sent out a fix for the signal bar jumping around and not showing the real signal of the phone? I know i dealt with it when I first got the phone but I ended up returning the phone twice within thirty days and was hoping the issue was solved before I attempt to buy this phone now. Any help would be appreciated with this thanks guys

GooTz66

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to know if htc or verizon ever sent out a fix for the signal bar jumping around and not showing the real signal of the phone? I know i dealt with it when I first got the phone but I ended up returning the phone twice within thirty days and was hoping the issue was solved before I attempt to buy this phone now. Any help would be appreciated with this thanks guys

Nope! No update to fix that yet however its not really a dealbreaker. Are you saying you returned the device 2x just because of that? All you have to do is go to Menu>Settings>About>Network and check the dBm signal. The lower the number the better the signal.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I never even cared.... I live outside DC and my signal is fine everywhere. In my experience Verizon has coverage pretty much everywhere so I don't pay much mind to this supposed issue.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The meter not registering a 'dumb' as your phones in the past is hardly an issue. If you aren't dropping calls etc why even pay attention to it!

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
You returned two phones for THAT? Really?

It's not how many bars you have, it is how well it works that really matters.

jayhawkfan18

A Dude
May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had two instances in the last few days where people have said they called me and it went straight to voicemail.. my phone never rang on my end. I usually have good coverage in my area so I hope a fix is released soon......

jonezilla

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't find the article, but I read one the other day that stated that the signal issue is by design in that HTC purposely designed the radio to "hibernate" or something like that to preserve battery, and that when you actually use an app or program such the phone itself it wakes up and has a stronger signal. I have watched my phone and it actually does seem to behave in just that manner. Sitting in my house I have two bars, without 3G, but if I open say my email app, the signal shoots to two bars with 3G.

Has anyone else heard of this?