Just switched from Storm 2

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
Just switched to the Dinc from the S2.

What do I need to know about this phone LOL?

I like it quite a bit but I am still figuring it out. Spent all day working with it. What are some must have apps ? How do you change your text message tone to a custom ringtone? I need my Transformers sound effect for when I receive my texts LOL. I also am trying to turn off all sounds that aren't phone calls and text messages, how do I turn off all of these email alerts?

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Click on the links in my signature. There is my appBrain list of apps as well as some guides I wrote about doing some neat things in Android.

To change notification sounds, goto Menu > Settings > Sound & Display > Notification Sound

As for turning off notifications.... not sure you can. The whole point of Android is that you get notifications in a central location and get told every time there is a notification.

As for the general "what do I need to know" question, look in the Application and How-To sections of the forums. The Inc forum is really only supposed to be for questions specific to this phone ;)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Easiest way to learn.....start using it!! Play with your new device for several hours a night, you are anyways, and find the cool stuff!!

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
You have found the right place to get all of your questions answered. Look around these boards; the answers are HERE!

....and welcome to the club.

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Storm 1 and could not be happier and I think you will be too.

Check out the stickies at the top of this section. You should also go to the Android Applications section which is a general app forum but just about all of the apps will work with the Incredible.

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
Ok how about making a playlist on my PC? Can I connect via USB and sync a playlist from media player or does it all have to be done on the phone? Or is there a program I should download from HTC to do it like I had to do on my blackberry? BTW that program for the blackberry was awful I hated using it but I had no choice.

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. not exactly sure. Use itunes at all? Im not a big fan of itunes but I use it for my ipod.I use a program called doubletwist to sync music with my incredible. Takes music from itunes. Thats how I do it anyways. Not sure about using windows media player

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital