frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Force close error won't go away: (Google Apps?)

I've been getting this force close error for a couple of hours. It looks to me like Google apps. I use my Google apps account as my primary account on my phone. I get this periodically even when the phone is just laying there. I tried restarting and it doesn't go away.
If I click ok, the error goes away but comes back a few minutes later.
imag0029c.jpg

Any ideas?
Ps: tried to check the market for app updates, but won't connect. Times out.
Thanks.

--- I TRIED TO POST THIS USING MY PHONE BUT THE ERRORS DISTRACTED ME. Image resized. APOLOGIES -------

UPDATE #1: I noticed that my Google Voice app would not load. Only got a blank white screen.
I uninstalled but still can't get into the Market to reinstall it.
Still getting the force close error pop up.

UPDATE #2: I have gone to my Settings >> Accounts >> Primary Google Account (one I used when I set up the phone, which is a Google Apps account.)
I selected Sync now and got repeated Force Close errors when it attempted to sync my calendar and contacts. I've disabled it from syncing for now and the error messages have stopped.

Still need a better fix. HELP?

Last edited:

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
First of all, have you rooted your phone? If so, try another image/ROM, or reinstall the existing one..

If not, Couple things to try:

Uninstall market updates in settings --> manage applications

go to Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> (wait a few seconds for the list to populate) GMail -> Google Mail Storage, and press the Clear data button. This will clear all of your downloaded emails in your GMail app. Don't worry though, they'll download again from the server when it next syncs.

The problem may well go away at this point, but it it doesn't (and make sure you know your gmail username and password before doing this) do exactly the same thing, but this time clear the Google Mail data instead of the Google Mail Storage. Reboot your phone. If memory serves me correctly, you may have to sign in to your Google account again when you reboot (a bit like how you did when you booted your phone for the very first time), but I might be wrong about that bit.

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
My device is not rooted.

I followed the instructions. I'll let you know if it works. Currently it appears to be syncing my calendar but it's very slow and not finishing, yet. Then it still needs to sync my contacts and gmail.

I'll post with the results. Thank you.

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Looks like rpfarrah solved my issue. Thank you!
It's been a couple of hours and no more error messages. His solution worked great for me.

Any clue why this happened and how to prevent it?

rpfarrah

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Looks like rpfarrah solved my issue. Thank you!
It's been a couple of hours and no more error messages. His solution worked great for me.

Any clue why this happened and how to prevent it?

Be kind enough to click the thank you button, if I helped you. :)

And I can't take credit - I searched around and found those answers by people much smarter than I.

Glad it helped.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37