Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Seriously thinking of going back to my BlackBerry Storm...

The Incredible is ten times the unit the Storm is in every way but email. I still think BB beats Android on email. I DO NOT like gmail and want to use my Yahoo mail...been with that account for over 12 years and EVERYTHING is tied to it.

I have been trying both Maildroid and Seven Beta to usemy Yahoo mail but neither works as well as oem BB set up. With the BB mail I can choose to delete mail off of the phone, or the server or both. Cannot do that as far as I can see with Incredible.

Neither Seven nor Maildroid has been reliable for PUSH for me either. Sometimes a message willgo right thru, other times it takes minutes or hours!

My wife and I work different shifts and email is how we talk to each other. I need email that is right there, right now. ANd I either need to be able to delete off phone and save on server or have access via the phone to my various yahoo folders.

Any tips to help keep me using the Incredible?

I have been using my msn account for about 11 years and I just have it forwarded to my gmail, push works well enough for me.. or you could try doing what just about everyone else does and text..

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I use K-9 for my email. I have a comcast account that I have had for over 10 years. It isn't push, but it checks every one minute, so it is almost immediate for my purposes. And if you ever used the integrated mailboxes on BB it also do this function pretty well.

Global Posts
    1,303 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    The Incredible is ten times the unit the Storm is in every way but email. I still think BB beats Android on email. I DO NOT like gmail and want to use my Yahoo mail...been with that account for over 12 years and EVERYTHING is tied to it.

I have been trying both Maildroid and Seven Beta to usemy Yahoo mail but neither works as well as oem BB set up. With the BB mail I can choose to delete mail off of the phone, or the server or both. Cannot do that as far as I can see with Incredible.

Neither Seven nor Maildroid has been reliable for PUSH for me either. Sometimes a message willgo right thru, other times it takes minutes or hours!

My wife and I work different shifts and email is how we talk to each other. I need email that is right there, right now. ANd I either need to be able to delete off phone and save on server or have access via the phone to my various yahoo folders.

Couldn't you and your wife just text each other?

I would just forward the Yahoo! to a gmail, if you had to have mail right there, right now.

for a more instant and simpler solution why not either text like suggested or even instant messenger.

I second K-9. I used it on my Moto Droid and loved it.

Just FWI, you can't forward Yahoo email unless you pay for the premium yahoo email, so that rules out forwarding to Gmail.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Just FWI, you can't forward Yahoo email unless you pay for the premium yahoo email, so that rules out forwarding to Gmail.
    You don't have to pay if you go to My Account>Set language, site, and time zone>YahooAsia and then go to your Forwarding settings and set it up to forward to a gmail account, that is exactly what I do b/c all of my accounts are linked to yahoo also. It works like a charm (apparently you don't have to pay for Yahoo Mail Plus in Asia)

Why anyone would choose to stay on yahoo these days is beyond me. You can transfer your contacts and everything else... its easy to switch.

There's no good reason to stay.

ROM
    The 1 with the GEEBEES

Default Re: Seriously thinking of going back to my BlackBerry Storm...

I forward my yahoo to my gmail. Not paying one cent.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledevice View Post
    Why anyone would choose to stay on yahoo these days is beyond me. You can transfer your contacts and everything else... its easy to switch.

oh yea, and I did transfer all of my saved mail from yahoo to gmail also, simple to do

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

This guy is the kind of person who keeps their AOL account 15 years later. The Incredible is not the phone for him because he refuses to use anything but yahoo email to chat with his wife.

End of story.

Google and Yahoo don't mix well. Go back to your berry if yahoo mail is so important to you.
    Come on now, be nice :-)

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lamoglinsgal View Post
    I second K-9. I used it on my Moto Droid and loved it.
    I think K-9 is the closest you will get to BB. Like the other person said, you can get your phone to sync each minute. Also has popup which is nice.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

AOL was a joke. My wife is a paralegal setting at a desk and email is best for her.

I have premium yahoo acct and did the forward to gmail thing for a bit.

Main gripe is not bein
    g able to pick how i delete my mail.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts

Main gripe is not being able to pick how i delete my mail.
    I agree, that was a big change for me too. Kind of get used to it after a while.

There is a setting within K-9 that you can switch back and forth, but you can't do it for each specific email like with BB.

ROM
    Stock

this.

join the open source revolution!

email on a BB is just better still, plain and simple
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

I'm using k-9, too. So far so good - but I only have one POP account.

I'd say sell the Incredible if you demand the best Yahoo! email experience and that need is priority. BlackBerry is imo Alpha Dog in the email department.

I came from a BB Storm and the email delivery was (and is) fantastic. I use Gmail as my main email service, so I'm good.

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by howarmat View Post
    This.

I use gmail,so that point is not an issue. I'd rather not carry a phone then go back to BlackBerry.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |

I agree.

AOL was a joke. My wife is a paralegal setting at a desk and email is best for her.

I have premium yahoo acct and did the forward to gmail thing for a bit.

Main gripe is not bein
    g able to pick how i delete my mail.
    I agree. And the AOL thing was hyperbole.

It can be frustrating finding all the little things that Android won't do that blackberry does. If yahoo email on the go is the biggest reason for you to have a smart phone, then I think you'll be happier back with RIM.

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

That's not exactly true, because I didn't have 2way sync with my gmail when I had the storm.

Android + gmail is better than bb + gmail

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ROM
    Virtous Affinity

Quote Originally Posted by brina042 View Post
    You don't have to pay if you go to My Account>Set language, site, and time zone>YahooAsia and then go to your Forwarding settings and set it up to forward to a gmail account, that is exactly what I do b/c all of my accounts are linked to yahoo also. It works like a charm (apparently you don't have to pay for Yahoo Mail Plus in Asia)
    Alternatively you can do the Yahoo Asia setting, and then input the port settings for the yahoo account into the HTC mail client on the Inc, just like you would do in Thunderbird or another mail client on your computer. Mail comes directly there. Pretty handy.
    "The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music."
    iPhone 3G > BB Storm 1 > Incredible > Incredible 2

BB email wasn't better for me. It always took about 15 minutes to receive a message.

K-9 is the answer for me. Checks every minute when I need it to, but I can switch it to every 5, 10, etc.

...Unless I'm missing something, on 3 Incredible's I have set up, I've had the option to delete the emails from the server or just the phone. Now I don't know if Yahoo is what's causing the grief or if it's just a matter of you looking in the wrong place for this setting.

Now, unfortunately, out of those three phones, none are mine. Mine's sitting in a factory somewhere waiting to be ready for shipment. However, I can check the path to the option for you tomorrow...

BTW, 2 of the phones were using K9 mail, and one using the HTC mail app.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast