Engadget rates Incredible better than X

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Nice, I was reading there rating system and I would have to say they do there homework. Our phone is better, but we didn't need them to tell us that did we the Incredible speaks for it's self.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
In my opinion, they both rule for different reasons. But one thing I noticed, toward the end of his video review, was his comparison of the browser to every other Android device he had used. He mentioned that the Droid X did not stutter when zooming in and out, whereas all the others he had tried did. I could not get my Incredible to stutter once when zooming in and out on Engadget.com. It's the fastest Android phone I've ever used.

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, they both rule for different reasons. But one thing I noticed, toward the end of his video review, was his comparison of the browser to every other Android device he had used. He mentioned that the Droid X did not stutter when zooming in and out, whereas all the others he had tried did. I could not get my Incredible to stutter once when zooming in and out on Engadget.com. It's the fastest Android phone I've ever used.

Saw that part, too, and tested it. I couldn't get it to stutter, and I compared it to my iPhone 3GS. Same. The Incredible is a screamin' beast of a phone.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Eh I think phone reviews, for the most part, are useless when it comes to ergonomics and user perception on how fast it is. It all depends on the apps installed, service area, etc etc. Personally I think they are both wonderful phones for the groups they are aimed at. However I will be keeping my Inc until and Android device comes along that makes me take a step backwards. None have done that yet.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Summary pretty much sums it up:

"Cast in that light, the Droid X becomes a much less magical phone than the Droid was. It's good, and it's a pretty enjoyable execution of Android 2.1, but it's not a must-have phone -- especially in light of the Droid Incredible and the upcoming Droid 2. From a hardware perspective, this phone is pretty much a bang-on execution of what a high-end mobile powerhouse should be, but Motorola clearly still has work to do in order to play in the same software league as HTC does with Sense."

For those of you who care about such things:

Product Reviews -- Engadget

Droid X: 7/10
Incredible: 8/10

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I love HTC :) the only phone ill leave my incredible for OS the next amazing phone for Verizon that HTC puts out. Definitely won't be for a Motorola generic slab that stutters and lags despite its huge processor.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
not to burst your bubble or anything but they rated the evo 9/10

Why would it burst anyone's bubble? The EVO isn't a Verizon phone, so it's not an option for in this comparison... If I was on Sprint, I'd have an EVO as it is an awesome phone.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
not to burst your bubble or anything but they rated the evo 9/10

Hate to burst your bubble I rate the Incredible a 10/10. And the EVO a 10/10.......and the X a 10/10......and the iPhone a 5/10 because it's an iPhone....oh wait what? See it really doesn't matter.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
so motorola still hasn't fixed it's camera. that thing takes forever to start up. makes taking pictures so awkward when people have to wait a long time lol.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps Moto is blocking it from loading since you are a Dinc owner :)

Haha.. technically I own 4 Android phones.. I have the Moto Backflip, the Moto Droid, the Droid Inc and the HTC EVO.

just...only the Droid Inc and HTC EVO have service. :p

Charmed Juan

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I noted that they list in the Con's that the X doesn't come with Froyo.
Well the Dinc doesn't either.
Why do they rate the phone's software?
It's the hardware. All upperl evel hardware phones will get Froyo so why is that a judging point?

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
5/10, 6/10, 9/10, call it whatever you want LOL For me, the Incredible is far superior to the X due to the size and the Sense UI.