How Do You Charge Your Incredible

jshaffer75

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
4758151565_7a883595db.jpg

That's my "dock", and it works great. It's the cellphone beanbag chair from Thinkgeek. It keeps the cats from knocking my phone around at night, and props it up so I can see the screen when the alarm goes off. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever buy a made-for-the-Dinc cradle because this does the job so well.

As for charging, I've gotten into the habit of charging it overnight with the phone on, then turning it off and bumping it while I'm showering and getting dressed in the morning. Usually by the time I'm ready to go, so is my phone. It works perfectly for me.

Thats not a bad idea really. Might pick up one of those. Only thing I hate is the cord can still go all over the place. One reason I liked the dock.

JonBlue3

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
i charge my 3 OEM htc batteries with an external charger. i have 2 1500's and the stock 1300 and i just rotate through them when needed. usually i can go 24 to 36 hours on each one.

I rotate 2 OEM's and a Seidio 1750 with an external charger too!!! Seems as though the external charger completely tops off the batteries...no need to do the power off, up plug, plug in, repeat BS. I unfortunately don't get 24 to 36 hrs like jasonb...I average between 16 to 20 hrs.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
*pic removed*

That's my "dock", and it works great. It's the cellphone beanbag chair from Thinkgeek. It keeps the cats from knocking my phone around at night, and props it up so I can see the screen when the alarm goes off. Honestly, I don't think I'll ever buy a made-for-the-Dinc cradle because this does the job so well.

As for charging, I've gotten into the habit of charging it overnight with the phone on, then turning it off and bumping it while I'm showering and getting dressed in the morning. Usually by the time I'm ready to go, so is my phone. It works perfectly for me.

I really dig that, going to go check that out right now. Thanks for the heads up!

jasonb

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I rotate 2 OEM's and a Seidio 1750 with an external charger too!!! Seems as though the external charger completely tops off the batteries...no need to do the power off, up plug, plug in, repeat BS. I unfortunately don't get 24 to 36 hrs like jasonb...I average between 16 to 20 hrs.

you probably just use it more than i do. i don't get as much use out of it as i'd like to. she's gettin beat up pretty good this weekend though. i'm camping in an RV right now so it's tethering to my laptop quite a bit. i got lucky, there is a cell tower within a half mile of the campgrounds so i'm getting crazy good speeds. lol

the external charger is sweet though. it does charge way better than the phone. it actually gets to a true, full 100% charge without any trickery. it just works!

Last edited:

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
oddly enough i'm using the blackberry tour charger cause it has the longest cord and when i'm at home i just keep it on there mostly so that if i do have to go out i can be sure i'm not going to run out of battery.

jesso

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thats not a bad idea really. Might pick up one of those. Only thing I hate is the cord can still go all over the place. One reason I liked the dock.

The cord is just stiff enough that I've gotten it "trained" to stay in place. The outlet is directly behind my lamp, so the cord goes around the corner of the trunk, along the bed, then does a U-turn to come up and meet the phone. During the day, the cord is tucked between the bed and the trunk, though that's mostly to keep my cat from gnawing on it. Hawking is a destroyer of cords and has ruined many chargers in the past.

akudaikon#CB

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Glewf.jpg

Via a Touchstone :D

Disclaimer: I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this unless you have the right tools and a lot of soldering experience. It is not as easy to do this with an Incredible compared to the guy who modded his Evo to do the same. The solder points on the Incredible are much smaller and it is VERY easy to damage it by attempting this mod.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Nice charging mod! Read up on it his morning, something I would definitely attempt if I had a pre setting around to stripe some parts from. I'm seeing it in my head of a customer desktop dock with the charging part from the stone in it....ah man....time to hit up eBay.

angel35

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
desktop cradle with extra battery charging slot for the droid incredble. can be gotting at think incredble cradles. I hope thats right.??

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah looking at those myself this morning. Let us know how it works out, wouldn't mind having that handy on the ole' desk.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Looks like an interesting setup; only problem is I purchased the Seidio case with anticipation of using it with the Seidio Desktop Charger. So realistically no other Desktop Chargers will work with it.

4758151565_7a883595db.jpg

CGWaters

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

brina042

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting! Anyone know if an Incredible with the (very thin) Seidio Innocase II case installed will fit into this charger?

Also, does the charger come with a cable?

(BTW, the cable that comes with the phone is way too short. I'd like to get a longer cable but don't know where to buy one.)

No, it won't fit with that case, it is a very snug fit with just the incredible. Also it doesn't come with an extra cable that would charge the phone, but it has a tiny one attached to the base that plugs into the phone to charge it. :)

Angmoe

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Interesting! Anyone know if an Incredible with the (very thin) Seidio Innocase II case installed will fit into this charger?

Also, does the charger come with a cable?

(BTW, the cable that comes with the phone is way too short. I'd like to get a longer cable but don't know where to buy one.)

Doesn't look like it but it looks like you would only have to remove the bottom half of the Inno case.