Yahoo mail / email app

NYMetsfan

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Can you elaborate how you got them into one widget?

I have a personal yahoo.com account and a yahoo business account.

I just did the manual setup twice, but one was for gmail and one for yahoo. I am not sure if allows you to use 2 yahoo email accounts.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
the app only allows one account. if you only have one then it's perfect. if not, then you might want to look at maildroid which works well with yahoo.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The update Yahoo pumped out seems to have fixed a few bugs. Like others, mine was only intermittenly allowing me to open links in my browser. Since the update I have not had that problem.

Any other bugs fixed that any of you noticed?

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The update Yahoo pumped out seems to have fixed a few bugs. Like others, mine was only intermittenly allowing me to open links in my browser. Since the update I have not had that problem.

Any other bugs fixed that any of you noticed?
Yes, the link problem seems to be fixed for me too.

Good news - with the update I can get a notification in the status bar for new emails, and turn off the sound/vibrate notification.

Bad news - the status bar notification, and the push email generally, haven't been reliable lately. Emails don't show up in my app inbox, even when I can see them on my mobile or pc yahoo account. Or I have emails in my inbox but I never get a status notification so I miss them.

I have always-on mobile enabled. Anyone else have similar problems? I'm sending feedback to Yahoo.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear its working for you.

How much lag time are you noticing?

Yes, the link problem seems to be fixed for me too.

Good news - with the update I can get a notification in the status bar for new emails, and turn off the sound/vibrate notification.

Bad news - the status bar notification, and the push email generally, haven't been reliable lately. Emails don't show up in my app inbox, even when I can see them on my mobile or pc yahoo account. Or I have emails in my inbox but I never get a status notification so I miss them.

I have always-on mobile enabled. Anyone else have similar problems? I'm sending feedback to Yahoo.

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear its working for you.

How much lag time are you noticing?
This is with Yahoo's own mail app. Today one email took 30 minutes to show up on my phone. Same thing happened last night.

But it's intermittent, other emails show up right away. One of the problem emails was from a co-worker, so I sent myself an email from my work account to test whether it may be a server issue, but it showed up immediately, with a status bar notification and everything.

I checked the latest comments on the Yahoo mail app, and a few report similar problems. Otherwise, I'm not having slowness or force close issues, so I'll stick with it for a while longer, and hopefully they'll fix some of the bugs in a future update.

I was apparently one of the few who didn't have problems with Yahoo using the HTC mail widget (I still use it for a second, infrequently used yahoo acct.) I had it set to retrieve every 5 minutes, which isn't push, but close enough for my needs. The inability to check email over wifi was annoying though.

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
So you think there isn't much difference in the lag time between using the Yahoo app or doing the manual configuration; http://forum.androidcentral.com/89932-post5.html?

This is with Yahoo's own mail app. Today one email took 30 minutes to show up on my phone. Same thing happened last night.

But it's intermittent, other emails show up right away. One of the problem emails was from a co-worker, so I sent myself an email from my work account to test whether it may be a server issue, but it showed up immediately, with a status bar notification and everything.

I checked the latest comments on the Yahoo mail app, and a few report similar problems. Otherwise, I'm not having slowness or force close issues, so I'll stick with it for a while longer, and hopefully they'll fix some of the bugs in a future update.

I was apparently one of the few who didn't have problems with Yahoo using the HTC mail widget (I still use it for a second, infrequently used yahoo acct.) I had it set to retrieve every 5 minutes, which isn't push, but close enough for my needs. The inability to check email over wifi was annoying though.

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
So you think there isn't much difference in the lag time between using the Yahoo app or doing the manual configuration; http://forum.androidcentral.com/89932-post5.html?
If you can use the stock email, it might actually be more reliable than the app right now. At least you'll know that your email is being fetched every 5 minutes. I never had a problem with nondelivery of emails using the stock email app. With the yahoo app I've experienced a lag ranging from zero to 40 minutes.

Last edited:

tourboy

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Good idea! Going to skip the yahoo app.

If you can use the stock email, it might actually be more reliable than the app right now. At least you'll know that your email is being fetched every 5 minutes. I never had a problem with nondelivery of emails using the stock email app. With the app I've experienced a lag ranging from zero to 40 minutes.

whitenack

May 20, 2010
Visit site
According to the FAQ, there is a way around the wifi incompatibility. However, when I follow those new instructions for wifi use, I get a login error. Has anyone been able to configure the stock app for yahoo/wifi use, and if so, how did you do it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad