Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How can I save a word or excel attachement from Gmail on my Incredible.

    Sorry, I know this is a basic question.... but if I receive a word attachement via gmail. I can open and preview it, but can't seem to save it to the SD card. I created a folder from the widget menu and would like to save it there.

    I have Quickoffice app, but when I open it says "no files on SD card, so I guess I have to save the file to the SD card, but I don't see an option to do that.

    thanks for any help.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Go into your browser and access gmail that way. You can download attachments from the browser.
  3. #3  
    Qazme's Avatar

    Posts
    2,819 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

    Default

    The Gmail app gives me a button that says Download next to it? It saves it in the Download folder on my SD card. Then quickoffice or D2G finds and opens it right up.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
  4. #4  
    kmaxima's Avatar

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Re: How can I save a word or excel attachement from Gmail on my Incredible.

    I have never seen a download option with office file types, I know some like picture files have that option though.

    To be able to save any file from within the gmail app, download an app from the market called Blackmoon Attachsave. There is a free version and a paid version with a couple more features. With ut installed when you hit preview in the gmail app on an attachment it will give you the option to save it using Blackmoon.
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    The Gmail app gives me a button that says Download next to it? It saves it in the Download folder on my SD card. Then quickoffice or D2G finds and opens it right up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmax View Post
    I have never seen a download option with office file types, I know some like picture files have that option though.

    To be able to save any file from within the gmail app, download an app from the market called Blackmoon Attachsave. There is a free version and a paid version with a couple more features. With ut installed when you hit preview in the gmail app on an attachment it will give you the option to save it using Blackmoon.
    thanks, guys, I will try that. on my Gmail I can 'preview' and see and documents, word or excel just fine, but no option to save.

    I will try the blackmoon idea

    thanks!

    Jason.
  6. #6  
    Qazme's Avatar

    Posts
    2,819 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonvancouver View Post
    thanks, guys, I will try that. on my Gmail I can 'preview' and see and documents, word or excel just fine, but no option to save.

    I will try the blackmoon idea

    thanks!

    Jason.
    Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Don't deal with a lot of document through email on the phone so I couldn't remember exactly.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qazme View Post
    Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Don't deal with a lot of document through email on the phone so I couldn't remember exactly.
    The blackmoon attachlite seems to be working great.

    They also have a blackmoon file browser that I am trying to figure out how to use.

    At this point, I would recommend them both.

Posting Permissions