Help with Incredible or X

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone Im up for my early upgrade and currently have the Eris with 2.1. I love the android software and want to stick with it, my question is I love what the X is going to offer but its huge. I really like the incredible but the X has 720P video. Whats the chances of the Incredible getting these ota updates for the high def video? Should I order the Incredible or wait for something else? Im not sure what to do?

Reactions: Badboytoast

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
Don't buy a phone with hopes of a software update later because it may never come. Buy the phone that comes with the features you want.

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Who knows when the update will come out, and the battery sucks on the Ding big time. Heard from a friend that the battery life is alot better on the X but we will see.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Who knows when the update will come out, and the battery sucks on the Ding big time. Heard from a friend that the battery life is alot better on the X but we will see.

I'm really not understanding how people are saying battery life is better on the X... No one has really used it yet!

mprobert

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Like everyone else says, hold an eVo in your hand/shove it in your pocket and if it is not to big then the X is for you. The incredible and X are both amazing phones, only difference is the X has a better processor. But there will never* be games you can only* play on the X. At this point, evo, x, inc, will all play same games for the next 2 years. So the processor is just icing on the cake.

Biezestreet

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If you just love the huge screen, and hate sense, then get the Droid x. Otherwise I wouldn't get the X just because it has high def video (which the incredible is supposed to get soon anyway). I've had a MOTO Droid and even though I know its not the same phone, Motorola''s. Camera software is TERRIBLE. It's slow, annoying, and if the lighting is not just right takes terrible pictures. If you like to take alot of pictures I would defiantly get the Incredible.....

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
The question wasn't about battery life, it was basically should they go ahead and get the X or get the Incredible and hope that it gets 720p. 720p will come to the Incredible eventually, rumor around the fire says that the next update is in the final stages of testing whatever that means. Now does that mean it will be here in the next month or by next January nobody knows. Personally when it comes to get the X or the Incredible the only thing you need to really worry about is the form factor. Battery life will be bad on either device with the stock battery. Stating what a blog says as fact is stupid especially considering how many blogs just rave over the new phone because they have it and fail to mention the "oh but this" scenarios. IE take the talking heads that reviewed the iPhone 4 before it came out but didn't mention anything about the obvious antenna issues....eck blogs.

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
For me personally, I don't want the X. Not because it's too big, i just think it is an ugly phone. The front is ok, the back however is hard to look at. I love the style and look of the Incredible. I know this is not the most technical way to judge which phone to use, but with the performance of both devices being so close form factor is the final decision point for me.

Aaron

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Droid Incredible is perfect for me.

And honestly, I do think the Incredible will get the OTA with 720p.

However, even if it doesn't, a phones video camera won't replace a camcorder, regardless of if it's 720p or not. So I wouldn't base your decision solely on that. Go to a verizon store, and pick up the Incredible. Thengo to a sprint store and up an EVO. You decide on which works better for you.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Go to a verizon store, and pick up the Incredible. Thengo to a sprint store and up an EVO. You decide on which works better for you.

One thing to keep in mind too, is the delivery date of the Inc has been pushed out to 8/3 so that may be a deciding factor too, because you could get in on the X pre-order and have your new phone sooner than later. I agree with his recommendation though go check out both the EVO, since it the closest in size, and the Inc in store hold them and see what you think.

crwmlw#IM

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks

Thanks for all the follow ups. My cousin has the EVO and its huge to me, thats why the X isnt first on my list but the features are. If the incredible had the 720P on it I would have my mind made up already. As far as battery life I understand all smartphones suck, Ive had blackberries and android phones as well as my cousin having iphones and none of them had great battery life. The only phone I ever had that did was the Motorola RAZR. LOL. How is the battery life compared to the Eris which I currently have? Same???

rjdangerous

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Stating what a blog says as fact is stupid especially considering how many blogs just rave over the new phone because they have it and fail to mention the "oh but this" scenarios. IE take the talking heads that reviewed the iPhone 4 before it came out but didn't mention anything about the obvious antenna issues....eck blogs.

It's funny the same people on here will say that a guy who got a phone early and had time to play with it has no idea what he talking about because he posts it on a blog.(engadget etc)

Yet that same person will come on here screaming joyfully about getting the new OTA update? Guess where that info came from?? THE SAME PLACE. I love when people contradict themselves.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It's funny the same people on here will say that a guy who got a phone early and had time to play with it has no idea what he talking about because he posts it on a blog.(engadget etc)

Yet that same person will come on here screaming joyfully about getting the new OTA update? Guess where that info came from?? THE SAME PLACE. I love when people contradict themselves.

HUH? Nobody is saying that a guy who got the device doesn't know anything about the phone, just they don't always tell you all the facts so take what you hear with a grain of salt, not a cup of sugar. So who is contradicting themselves? Me? Explain how please. What are you talking about exactly, because honestly you make no sense.

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I just read that there is an OTA update coming for the Incredible that will bring 720P video and something else, and I can't remember what but I would say check into that and go with the Incredible.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
buy a phone that you will be happy with for a while. what are your needs? also which costs less for you. i went with the incredible for now because i'm waiting for the 2ghz phone. that will take until the end of the year or longer and i got a really good deal on an incredible so i picked that. if it will cost you the same, as in upgrading contract or something, i would go with the droid x. after being on a motorola droid, i can safely say that the moto droid screen seems to be much better in rendering images and colors, plus their speakers are much better. incredible has a lot of positives so i'm happy with my phone. the camera is super fast. motorola droid's camera takes the longest of any device i've ever used in my life. you can't use it for random on-the-fly snapshots because the moment would be gone before camera activates.

Colin

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have to say I feel like high end cell phones are JUST starting to reach a point where they're passable as still cameras.. and by passable I mean roughly as good as your cheap $99 digital camera for STILLS. I bought an Incredible knowing all these 720p phones were coming out because I don't think the video features on phones are good for anything other than recording crazy stuff like this when it happens to be happening in front of you. They don't need to be 720p because even the ones that are aren't even matching your standard def video cameras in terms of overall quality. If there's one thing Apple got right with the iPhone 4, it's that megapixels aren't the only thing that matters in the camera. Similarly, resolution isn't the only thing that matters in video recording, especially when you're talking about a zoomless cell phone with a lens and sensor that are half the size of a pea.

To be honest, I'd much rather have 480p recording at a full 30FPS than 720P at 25. If we were talking about a real camera with real lenses and a real sensor, it might be a different story, but I don't think it's very wise to buy cell phones based on their video recording features. If you really want to record HD video, you're going to be disappointed no matter what you get. Buy the best PHONE you can, and think of the camera as a nice bonus for when you happen to witness something crazy happening.

If you ask me, the biggest reasons to get a Droid X are the big screen (if you want it) and Swype (which you do want, even if you don't know it yet.) THe incredible on the other hand is a better pick if you want a smaller, sleeker phone. Or Sense UI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles