Observations

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Being a first time droid user and knowing there are some off the wall issues with the Incredible. I'm curious to see if others have some of the same issues/observations with the phone that I do.

1. When you have more then a few hundred conversational text messages for a single contact. The message program takes longer to load for that contact.

2. Yup battery life sucks, but I have had many battery sucking phones. E815, A9900, i910, etc.. You get used to it! I have noticed if I kill the battery till the phone no longer turns on and give it a full charge over night it will last all of next day.

3. Swype is nice and works nice when your texting.

4. I sometimes hear echoing when using bluetooth headset Jabra BT530. Going to order a blueant T1, a better quality headset might improve that.

5. If I click the share button when I am browsing pictures it will not send when selecting share via messages. When sharing via Mail or Facebook it will send them ok. If I am already in a conversation then select attached the will be received by the other party.

6. Vibrate seems very weak and if you do not select vibrate for text message the phone does not vibrate when in vibrate mode.

7. Support for Exchange/Microsoft Tasks would be nice.

Blah

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
For #1 and #6, Handcent will fix both of those. Large text message chains open instantly. You can also set it to automatically vibrate in vibrate mode for text notice.

#4, I have no echo on any of the bluetooth devices I've used. Might be just that device?

#5, I've not had that issue either. Sharing as a message works every time.

makya53

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
#4 plantronics voyager pro might look big but I would but every new Bluetooth that came out. This Bluetooth lasts all day and I can talk with all of the windows down on the highway.

sent from my badass incredible

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
#1 and #6, I had tried handcent once prior, but there was something goofy I didn't like about it. I don't remember what it is now so I will try it again.

#4 I had a jawbone original for a short time and I didn't recall having that problem and suspected it might be the headset. When I was researching new bluetooth headsets I thought I was missing someone and it was Platronics. WOW you were not kidding that plantronics voyager pro is huge. I used to wear an over the head boom mic before bluetooth came out into phones. Walking around looking like an airline pilot is no problem.

Thank you Peoples for your words of advice!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I notice a big difference when you have GPS/satellites on then when you dont.
Also on the home screen>menu>settings>about phone>battery>battery use, you can see what stuff is using your battery power up.