Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

Default Memory Card Size

Curious what memory card size people are using in their Incredible.

Verizon included a 2GB, but not sure how far that will go.

well i have an 8gb card and i havent filled that up anywhere near...but it depends how much music, vids, pics etc you will put on or take or download with your phone...it supports up to 32 so there is plenty of room there...8gb or 16gb should be good for the majority

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

I'm still using the 2gb card that came w/ the phone. No where near full, but the only music I have on there is the music I use for ringtones. I use the camera but not excessively.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

yeah i agree...it really depends how much media youre going to want to keep on the card, music and vids

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

16g That came with my Moto Droid.......Only cause it came free with that phone. You have 8 internal and the 2 g card you should be good if you don't want to buy one.

I have a 4g sd card in my DInc. I have over 200 pictures on it so far, but no music, and I have used 800mb of the card so far.

Global Posts
    986 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock I don't root

What's the max the phone can use?
    Send from my fingers, using a pencil and a piece of paper that someone faxed to someone who scanned it and then typed it on this forum using a TRS-80 Model 3.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

32 gig is the theoretical max but I've never seen a 32 gig micro sd card.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

just a quick find im sure you can find them cheaper haha

Amazon.com: Sandisk 32GB Class 2 MicroSDHC Card Retail: Musical Instruments

another option for 32gb haha this also has the rest on the site, 8, 16, etc...amazon would

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Quote Originally Posted by gnh5002 View Post
    Amazon.com: Sandisk 32GB Class 2 MicroSDHC Card Retail: Musical Instruments

another option for 32gb haha this also has the rest on the site, 8, 16, etc...amazon would
    Now can we bundle it with a three wolf shirt for the ultimate experience!!
    Deluxe Member

As others said, it all depends on the media/apps you plan on having.

The phone has 8gb internal memory (about 6.5 available upon shipment). The 2gb card is alright to start off with (some apps require a memory card, thus why its supplied), but won't go very far. As of now, the phone can take a 16gb card, but will be able to supposedly take a 32gb card with Froyo. And with Froyo, you'll be able to save apps to the memory card. AND we might have 720p video with Froyo as well, which will also take up more time.

But, if you don't plan on having a ton of music, pics, or videos on the phone at one time, you should be perfectly fine with a 4gb or 8gb card.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I will stay with the 2gb card for a little while ,I havent got it full yet .I probably will wait til see what all the update offers (about saving apps to card,etc.) before I get a new one.

However if I got one tomorrow tho it would be an 8gb

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

8 gb with a three wolf shirt FTW!

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I will stay with the 2gb card for a little while ,I havent got it full yet .I probably will wait til see what all the update offers (about saving apps to card,etc.) before I get a new one.

Ditto...have a 8gb card warming up in the bullpen for future storage ...
    == Samsung Galaxy Nexus ==
    ==Samsung Galaxy S4 ==

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post

The phone has 8gb internal memory (about 6.5 available upon shipment). The 2gb card is alright to start off with (some apps require a memory card, thus why its supplied), but won't go very far. As of now, the phone can take a 16gb card, but will be able to supposedly take a 32gb card with Froyo. And with Froyo, you'll be able to save apps to the memory card. AND we might have 720p video with Froyo as well, which will also take up more time.

But, if you don't plan on having a ton of music, pics, or videos on the phone at one time, you should be perfectly fine with a 4gb or 8gb card.
    Dont know what he's talking about...

I have a 32gb in mine right now because I plan on having a lot of music on it very soon. still getting used to the phone, so Im waiting to fill it with music, but that is the only reason I wanted to go with the 32gb

Default Re: Memory Card Size

I have a 16GB class 6 in mine as I have a lot of music and I'm quite the shutter bug.

Using 16gb card here and nearly full...lots of songs n movies loaded on it. Used same card in my Storm. Will get 32gb card once price comes down.

I got a 16gGB shortly after ordering the phone. Now that I have the phone and see how much free space I still have I can see that it may have been a bit of over kill... but then I don't regret it because who knows what my future storage needs will be. Me thinks 8GB would probably have been enough.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Using a 16GB now and looking for good prices on 32Gb cards.....need more space.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    836 Global Posts

That is what I am thinking; going to looking into a 4 or 8 GB card.

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by lawnboy View Post
    That is what I am thinking; going to looking into a 4 or 8 GB card.
    For most people an 8GB card will be well worth the money and give them plenty of space for the average user. If you like to stock pile music and video on it for those boring times and travel times more is always better. But like anything else phone related buy the base line and see if you need more. Most 4-8GB cards can be picked up pretty cheaply and they basically give away the 2GB cards, heck Verizon did!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

16GB. I have all of my music on this card. I don't take many pictures.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

16gb class 6 A-Data card loaded up with movies, music, pictures, and system back ups.

I'm with Qazme as far as a 32gb card goes. If you want to put a few movies on it, you'll definitely need something bigger.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Diabl0 View Post
    16gb class 6 A-Data card loaded up with movies, music, pictures, and system back ups.

I'm with Qazme as far as a 32gb card goes. If you want to put a few movies on it, you'll definitely need something bigger.
    When I rip and Encode I try my best to shrink them down to a reasonable size where the size/quality ratio is bearable. But sometimes that's hard with my BlueRays and HD TV.
    NEXUS!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast