People receiving DInc week of 7/4 - How is the screen

trebores

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Do the new Incredibles that people are receiving this week have the new LCD panel? I'm curious to hear (and see - if someone will post a video) how the screen performs - especially in direct sunlight.

Any of you new Incredible owners care to share your thoughts. It would be very cool if someone would post a video comparing the AMOLED to the LCD.

Thanks!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing you won't start seeing those screens in the wild for another month or so. It will be pretty far back in the production line at this point I would imagine. Then again I could be wrong, let us know!

brandnewfunk

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
How do I tell if it's AMOLED or LCD?

So I just picked up my Inc. How do I tell which screen I got? Went into Settings > Hardware Info and it says I have Hardware version 0002.

Look_Sir_Droids

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I guess I must be AMOLED then. I wasn't sure but I am also ver. 0002. I got my phone last Thursday afternoon... (July 1st)

Still looking for a definitive way to tell...

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I got a release day phone, well the day after, and mine is version 0002 also. Not sure if they will change that number though on just the screen?

ic3pO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
From the information I've been able to gather HTC is still going to send out the AMOLED screens mixed in with the LED screens so you may not know what you've got until you receive your phone.

Side by side I've read that the LED appears a little flat... Not as rich in depth of color.

rabbithole13

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'd probably be too daft to notice a difference.

At this point I probably wouldn't even care if there was a difference, just so I could have my phone in hand!

What I've read has stated that they would be starting in July/August sending out the phones with the new screens but Verizon keeps pushing out that ship date so they obviously still haven't been able to catch up on the backorders.

allisonv7

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I read on this forum a few days ago a link or discussion about how the Incredibles with the LCD screen would clearly have it marked on the packaging.

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
While I'm very happy with the AMOLED display on my Incredible, I'm thinking the difference between the two is going to be pretty negligible. I'd take this phone either way. ;)

ghutch0309

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
received yesterday and hardware 0002 so assuming AMOLED and i believe you were correct, allisonv7, that the packaging or something is going to be marked and there was nothing really special about my box

deepfreez

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. It appears to be AMOLED. I gave it a test run in the sunlight as well. I had the brightness at about 35% indoors and it was great. In the sun, that didn't cut it but there's a widget to increase brightness. There's another "widget" that works great in the sun too. It's called your hand and you can use it to shield the screen just like with most other smartphones. :)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Do we actually have confirmation, except from patches, that hardware version 003 is for sure the different screen?

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I thought they were continuing to provide the AMOLED for the Incredible and switching to a new screen when the new device is launched?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought they were continuing to provide the AMOLED for the Incredible and switching to a new screen when the new device is launched?

They aren't moving away from AMOLED they are supplementation manufacturing with the different screens until they can get caught up.

ghutch0309

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

i believe it is that to help with the demand they will be using the LCD for the Incredible because they are more readily available...not to come for a little while who knows when besides the obvious people in the companies (sony and htc that is)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc