View Poll Results: Should I upgrade now and eat $120 or wait for NE2??
- 33. You may not vote on this poll
Droid Incredible HELP!! Buy now or wait????
Ok, so i'm in a bit of a pickle... I am currently a Storm1 owner and cannot WAIT to get rid of this piece of garbage!(Shame on you RIM!!) Lately, I have been on the Android forums more than the Blackberry ones, which is sad for a Blackberry and non-android user. After much research I am convinced that my next phone is THE Incredible. I just can't get over how many good things people are saying on all the forums about this phone. I can get through the battery issues with no problem, it can't be as bad as having 2.0MB app memory to work with on the Storm, which slowly leaks away anyway until my phone freezes up.
Yeah, i'll miss the Blackberry Messenger, but its a small price to pay for a phone that works! lol....So here's my dillemma:
My NE2 upgrade isnt unil mid-October where I can get the $100 off of my primary line. But I can get the 2yr price now for an extra $20 upgrade fee. Do you guys think it is worth the $120 that I could save in 3 months to upgrade to the droid now, or should I stick it out with the storm? or should I just get out now while i can? By October will the DIncs be shipping with froyo? Sorry I am just so excited to ditch the Berry and become an android guy. Basically, I am willing to pi$$ away $120 just to not have to use the Storm anymore. So should I??? Any input would be greatly appreciated! I AM READY TO BE ON THE ANDROID TRAIN!!!!!(Better late than never!!)
- 07-06-2010, 04:29 PM #2
- 07-06-2010, 04:34 PM #3
- 07-06-2010, 04:43 PM #4
- 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM #6
- 07-06-2010, 05:13 PM #7
I didn't get offered the early upgrade price from the Storm I was on, I demanded it. I was 8 months out from my NE2 You know it's not hard to swap service providers now a days. Do like I did call and let them know how disappointed you are in the Storm, how it locks up, how you have to hard reset, all that jazz. Then let them know you like the EVO too, and Sprints price plan looks pretty good. They will budge.
But honestly if they don't do anything for you wait it out. They are on backorder now anyways and in 3 months they will probably, hopefully, not be. It's worth saving $100+ dollars, I mean it's a good phone but not that good, I wouldn't have paid more than $199 for it.The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)NEXUS!!!!!!
- 07-06-2010, 05:23 PM #8
- 07-06-2010, 08:05 PM #9
- 07-06-2010, 08:18 PM #10
- 07-06-2010, 08:33 PM #11
- 07-06-2010, 09:26 PM #12
- 261 Posts
I was a victim of the Storm 1.
I kept putting off upgrading at the 2 year price, thinking the Storm 3 might
Then, I saw this phone in the store, and forgot about BB immediately!
Get rid of the Storm ASAP! You won't be sorry. I LOVE this phone!
It makes The Storm look like the piece of garbage that it really is.
- 07-06-2010, 09:29 PM #13
The losing of BBM was a downside, that much I will give you, but everyone that I have spoken to that was on my BBM list, have all pretty much decided that they are going to move over to the Android Platform within the next year or so. They are just of RIMs OS, as most people are, the solution in the meantime is to have them install Gtalk on their phones & voila, problem solved. Either that or just go to regular texting on the phone.
- 07-07-2010, 03:44 PM #14
I was one of the idiots that got the storm1 the first day that it came out as well. I was sent an email from VZW back when they launched the first two droids offering me a free early upgrade(i figured it was because they know the storm blows), but I didn't care for either of those phones at the time. When the INC came out I was very interested and emailed them asking for that deal again. I received a reply that after looking at my account that I was not due for an upgrade until July something and that they were not able to offer me that deal. So, i replied to that email and asked what my early term fee was. Miraculously when they looked at my account this time they were able to offer me the early upgrade!!
It sounds like you have multiple lines, so not sure if asking for your early term fee will work, but can't hurt to try..
- 07-07-2010, 03:49 PM #15
- 07-07-2010, 03:57 PM #16
- 07-07-2010, 05:32 PM #17
- 07-07-2010, 05:33 PM #18
- 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM #19
- 169 Posts
haha, yeah. I mean, You have a Storm, I was in that boat back in January. Honestly, I say go for it. This phone is 1000 times better than the Storm in every way. You will be extremely pleased with the operating system and the phone.Storm 1 > Droid Eris > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Galaxy Nexus!
- 07-07-2010, 07:27 PM #20
You can get the early upgrade if you expire in 2010 and upgrade to any smartphone. It doesnt have to be the Droid X. I expire in December and got the 2 year pricing on the Incredible no questions asked. I didn't have to deal with a mail in rebate either.
Go for it
- 07-07-2010, 10:03 PM #21
- 07-08-2010, 05:09 AM #23
I'd say sell the storm to make up the price difference too.I never had the storm but heard all the horror stories of ,lol .I had a 8330 til a week ago I had to wait about a month from the time I ordered it online til when I actually got it.But hopefully that whole process will speed up as soon as they get though testing the new sony TFT screens that will replace the AMOLED screens.
- 07-08-2010, 11:41 AM #24
- 07-08-2010, 01:19 PM #25The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)NEXUS!!!!!!