View Poll Results: Should I upgrade now and eat $120 or wait for NE2??

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ugrade ASAP!

28 84.85%
  • Wait and save your money.

4 12.12%
  • Don't get a Droid and stick with the BB.

1 3.03%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Cool Droid Incredible HELP!! Buy now or wait????

Ok, so i'm in a bit of a pickle... I am currently a Storm1 owner and cannot WAIT to get rid of this piece of garbage!(Shame on you RIM!!) Lately, I have been on the Android forums more than the Blackberry ones, which is sad for a Blackberry and non-android user. After much research I am convinced that my next phone is THE Incredible. I just can't get over how many good things people are saying on all the forums about this phone. I can get through the battery issues with no problem, it can't be as bad as having 2.0MB app memory to work with on the Storm, which slowly leaks away anyway until my phone freezes up.
    Yeah, i'll miss the Blackberry Messenger, but its a small price to pay for a phone that works! lol....So here's my dillemma:

My NE2 upgrade isnt unil mid-October where I can get the $100 off of my primary line. But I can get the 2yr price now for an extra $20 upgrade fee. Do you guys think it is worth the $120 that I could save in 3 months to upgrade to the droid now, or should I stick it out with the storm? or should I just get out now while i can? By October will the DIncs be shipping with froyo? Sorry I am just so excited to ditch the Berry and become an android guy. Basically, I am willing to pi$$ away $120 just to not have to use the Storm anymore. So should I??? Any input would be greatly appreciated! I AM READY TO BE ON THE ANDROID TRAIN!!!!!(Better late than never!!)

The question is whether or not the hundred bucks is worth it. I think if I had the Storm for another 3 months I might start tweezing my nose hairs....

I say go for it.
    Thanked by:
    JoeC44 
    A Dude

Global Posts
    897 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz / CM10

Upgrade now or as soon as possible. You won't regret it
    Thanked by:
    JoeC44 

Have you called and asked for an early NE2?...ask for a supervisor.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Angmoe View Post
    Yeah ive talked to people at 2 stores called customer service twice, and theyre not budging on it, telling me i have to wait. I even told them the last time how much i hated the storm and the way VZW handled it. But i'm thinking about calling customer service again later this week and try again.

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

Quote Originally Posted by Angmoe View Post

Yeah, since a lot of people were offered early upgrades for the Incredible.

Edit: Nevermind. lol

It probably depends on who you talk to, but I'd give it another go. I've never had luck with VZW like some people do.

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I didn't get offered the early upgrade price from the Storm I was on, I demanded it. I was 8 months out from my NE2 You know it's not hard to swap service providers now a days. Do like I did call and let them know how disappointed you are in the Storm, how it locks up, how you have to hard reset, all that jazz. Then let them know you like the EVO too, and Sprints price plan looks pretty good. They will budge.

But honestly if they don't do anything for you wait it out. They are on backorder now anyways and in 3 months they will probably, hopefully, not be. It's worth saving $100+ dollars, I mean it's a good phone but not that good, I wouldn't have paid more than $199 for it.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!
    Thanked by:
    JoeC44 

Dude, I had the Storm 1 before I got my Inc. And honestly if I knew what I know about this phone before I upgraded, I would have been willing to pay full retail to get this phone and be rid of the storm. Do it, now. Right now, this second.

Aaron
    Thanked by:
    JoeC44 

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC44 View Post
    Yeah ive talked to people at 2 stores called customer service twice, and theyre not budging on it, telling me i have to wait. I even told them the last time how much i hated the storm and the way VZW handled it. But i'm thinking about calling customer service again later this week and try again.
    Did you ask for a supervisor? They can't ask you if you would like to talk with one...you have to ask. Worked for me

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Having been in the nearly the same situation as you I decided the Incredible was too good to pass up. The 3 weeks I waited for it were well worth it. You won't be disappointed.
    Curve 8330 >>> Storm 9550 >>> HTC Incredible

Global Posts
    838 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I say buy immediately, sell your Storm to offset some of the price, and while you are at it, think about purchasing on a 1 year price....this allows you to not have to wait as long to upgrade.

I was a victim of the Storm 1.
    I kept putting off upgrading at the 2 year price, thinking the Storm 3 might
    come out.

Then, I saw this phone in the store, and forgot about BB immediately!

Get rid of the Storm ASAP! You won't be sorry. I LOVE this phone!

It makes The Storm look like the piece of garbage that it really is.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

Ok, so i'm in a bit of a pickle... I am currently a Storm1 owner and cannot WAIT to get rid of this piece of garbage!(Shame on you RIM!!) Lately, I have been on the Android forums more than the Blackberry ones, which is sad for a Blackberry and non-android user. After much research I am convinced that my next phone is THE Incredible. I just can't get over how many good things people are saying on all the forums about this phone. I can get through the battery issues with no problem, it can't be as bad as having 2.0MB app memory to work with on the Storm, which slowly leaks away anyway until my phone freezes up.
    Yeah, i'll miss the Blackberry Messenger, but its a small price to pay for a phone that works! lol....So here's my dillemma:

My NE2 upgrade isnt unil mid-October where I can get the $100 off of my primary line. But I can get the 2yr price now for an extra $20 upgrade fee. Do you guys think it is worth the $120 that I could save in 3 months to upgrade to the droid now, or should I stick it out with the storm? or should I just get out now while i can? By October will the DIncs be shipping with froyo? Sorry I am just so excited to ditch the Berry and become an android guy. Basically, I am willing to pi$$ away $120 just to not have to use the Storm anymore. So should I??? Any input would be greatly appreciated! I AM READY TO BE ON THE ANDROID TRAIN!!!!!(Better late than never!!)
    I like yourself came from a BB Storm. I have to say that the DINC is by far & away a much better phone than the Storm ever wished it could have become. I am so much happier with the Android OS, the Sense UI & the reliability of the phone itself. No longer to I have to try & explain why my phone needs to have the battery pulled & reboot the phone at least once a day.

The losing of BBM was a downside, that much I will give you, but everyone that I have spoken to that was on my BBM list, have all pretty much decided that they are going to move over to the Android Platform within the next year or so. They are just of RIMs OS, as most people are, the solution in the meantime is to have them install Gtalk on their phones & voila, problem solved. Either that or just go to regular texting on the phone.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I was one of the idiots that got the storm1 the first day that it came out as well. I was sent an email from VZW back when they launched the first two droids offering me a free early upgrade(i figured it was because they know the storm blows), but I didn't care for either of those phones at the time. When the INC came out I was very interested and emailed them asking for that deal again. I received a reply that after looking at my account that I was not due for an upgrade until July something and that they were not able to offer me that deal. So, i replied to that email and asked what my early term fee was. Miraculously when they looked at my account this time they were able to offer me the early upgrade!!

It sounds like you have multiple lines, so not sure if asking for your early term fee will work, but can't hurt to try..

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Well you could go for the Droid X and avoid that fee altogether since your contract ends in 2010.

Either way, get rid of the BB!
    http://alltherighttunes.com
    Operations Manager / Emcee / DJ / Webmaster
    Phone: Droid X

ROM
    Carbonite Fusion

I did exactly that. Mine wasnt due until Oct but I did it anyways and do not regret it one bit! Well worth the extra $.
    If you like what you see, hit the thanks button!

You gotta wonder, which ***** voted to keep the Storm? If it was YOU, my apologies.

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by rpfarrah View Post
    You gotta wonder, which ***** voted to keep the Storm? If it was YOU, my apologies.
    ROTFLMAO

haha, yeah. I mean, You have a Storm, I was in that boat back in January. Honestly, I say go for it. This phone is 1000 times better than the Storm in every way. You will be extremely pleased with the operating system and the phone.
    Storm 1 > Droid Eris > Droid Incredible > HTC Thunderbolt > Galaxy Nexus!

Quote Originally Posted by bkleman View Post
    Well you could go for the Droid X and avoid that fee altogether since your contract ends in 2010.

Either way, get rid of the BB!
    Definitely ditch the BB! I have a storm 1 now and just ordered my Incredible last week, so I'm just beginning the wait

You can get the early upgrade if you expire in 2010 and upgrade to any smartphone. It doesnt have to be the Droid X. I expire in December and got the 2 year pricing on the Incredible no questions asked. I didn't have to deal with a mail in rebate either.

Go for it

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

My sister has a storm, not sure which version, she hates it.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

LMFAO! Yeah I noticed that, and NO it wasn't me! I'm itching so bad just to get rid of this thing. The guy that voted for it actually switched from a Storm the the Incredible! HAHA OH well!!!!

Global Posts
    6,689 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I'd say sell the storm to make up the price difference too.I never had the storm but heard all the horror stories of ,lol .I had a 8330 til a week ago I had to wait about a month from the time I ordered it online til when I actually got it.But hopefully that whole process will speed up as soon as they get though testing the new sony TFT screens that will replace the AMOLED screens.

you can click on the number of votes and see what people voted....
    LG EnV >> Iphone 3G >> HTC Droid Incredible - Rooted - 7/13/2010

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

LMFAO! Yeah I noticed that, and NO it wasn't me! I'm itching so bad just to get rid of this thing. The guy that voted for it actually switched from a Storm the the Incredible! HAHA OH well!!!!
    Yeah I voted for you to keep it under the basis that you said your contract was coming up soon. Common sense for ya. Later you said it was like a year or more before you contract was up, can I change that vote lol. Thanks for being like that though....
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!