LED Flashlight?

drsprite

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone seen an app for an LED flashlight for the Droid Incredible? and not one that requires a reboot to turn off?

With the recent successful rooting, wonder if anyone has put something together yet...

robwege#AC

May 24, 2010
Visit site
if your incredible is routed, then download IncrediLight from the market. It turns the LED into a flashlight and does not require the reboot. It has 4 settings, flash, high, medium, and low. very good app.

drsprite

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'm not rooted, but I know the LED flashlight apps were waiting for root so they know what to program. I don't want to root, but am looking to see if any programmers out there have made a non-rootable non-rebootable led flashlight app

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, a bit unfortunate. I don't really want to root my phone just for the ability to use a flashlight, leaving everything alone.

2WheelCowboy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I rooted just for this and the wireless tether. I'm done updating, give a rats ass about froyo. Not enough of a improvement to make me lose root. Dont care about gaming, it sucks on android right now anyway. Maybe once gingerbread is out I'll think about updating.

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
ah no wonder the program that worked on my moto droid doesn't work on my incredible. ah well. no biggie. still a better phone.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Off topoc sorta.... when you root, do you lose everything on phone and have to start over? How about going from root back to factory, or can you even do that?

easy1jay

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Off topoc sorta.... when you root, do you lose everything on phone and have to start over? How about going from root back to factory, or can you even do that?

When you root, everything stays in tact, only you now have super user (administrative) access to your phone. Going back to factory, yes, you'd likely loose everything. Backups are your friend.

This links been tossed around quite a bit, but it'll prry answer all your Q's.
Howto: Root the HTC Droid Incredible – Technology – Jonamerica.com

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm....checked out the link. I like to think I am pretty pc savy, but half way thru that write up I was already getting that confused look on my face. Guess I had better just leave my phone alone for now. Besides, I am looking forward to the upcoming updates. But thank you for the link and reply!

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
i have not rooted(yet), does anyone know if a non rooted froyo can have a flashlight.

if you need a flashlight app without rooting then just download one of the apps that use your screen as a light. its not as bright as the leds but it works well enough.

Fahrenheit

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Eh, IncrediLight is awesome (the High setting is INSANE), but the Camcorder app turns off the LED! I first turn on IL and set the LED on. Then I hit Home, and launch camcorder...it instantly turns the flash off. Anyone have a fix for this (or new camcorder app)?

Come to think of it...can't someone with root and Froyo just copy the new 720p camcorder app off their phone and copy it somewhere?

iJason#WN

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Just wait for froyo there's an app built in. Froyo was just released for the evo so I feel like we will be getting it soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol