Iphone 4 vs Droid Incredible Browser Test!

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I tested against a friends iPhone 4... He had all 5 bars, I only had one... He picked the website, ESPN.com, and his phone took more than 3 times longer than the Incredible...

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Speed is a killer benchmark, no doubt. But what makes the Android browser better than Safari, and is never really discussed, is text reformatting. When you zoom into a page on the Incredible the text reformatts to fit the screen. On the iphone the text gets bigger but then you have to start panning left and right to read it. this is a huge advantage in terms of ease of use.

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Speed is a killer benchmark, no doubt. But what makes the Android browser better than Safari, and is never really discussed, is text reformatting. When you zoom into a page on the Incredible the text reformatts to fit the screen. On the iphone the text gets bigger but then you have to start panning left and right to read it. this is a huge advantage in terms of ease of use.

Absolutely! That was the first thing that blew me away when I got my DI...but then again, I was moving from a BB Storm, where I waited so long for a page to load that the additional time required to get the page to fit the screen was the least of my problems!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely! That was the first thing that blew me away when I got my DI...but then again, I was moving from a BB Storm, where I waited so long for a page to load that the additional time required to get the page to fit the screen was the least of my problems!

I agree 110%. I really was blow away with the text reformatting to fit the zoom etc on Android. I like flash-lite because it lets you see those little extra things on the site. I will probably like full flash when they bring that to us. All this was a huge advantage over my Storm, even with full signal it took like 30 seconds a page to load....so glad I'm off BB.

bandroid

Jun 15, 2010
www.twitter.com
man i thought that was gonna solve my droidx vs inc dilema but now he did a follow up and the droid x is running just as fast as the rest. but it shows an issue with the droid x or wifi on it possibly.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Why does the Dinc stagger so much when scrolling/browsing? I hate Apple & the iPhone, but I love the experience you get in that regard.

Will Froyo fix this?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Why does the Dinc stagger so much when scrolling/browsing? I hate Apple & the iPhone, but I love the experience you get in that regard.

Will Froyo fix this?

Mine only seems to do that on pages that involve loading something with flash in it. My guess would be the flash lite plugin. I would imagine this would be fixed with JIT, Flash 10.1, and anything else they offer speed wise inside a 2.2 build for us.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX