Playing Pandora in car

jland22

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to play Pandora through your car? I have an in dash kenwood receiver that has usb which I have no problem playing music from my phone in my car through the speakers but it seems as though my receiver only recognizes files from my sd card. When I play Pandora it only goes to my phones speakers and not the cars. Has anyone managed to do this on your dinc unrooted?

Perhaps this will be achievable with froyo? Since it has three ability to download apps to your sd card?

edarchitect

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try audio out

Instead of the USB, why not try the audio out, with a cable from the headphone jack to your car aux. in., or an FM transmitter?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Never used the BT to play audio but I use the audio out into an FM transmitter daily. Works really nice.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I have Bluetooth in my car, and it automatically plays through that when I turn my Pandora on. So yes, you can definitely get Pandora to play in your car, but I'm not sure if it's possible if you don't have blue tooth integration in your vehicle.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I think this is dependent on the BT protocols implemented in both the Receiver and Sender. My Jabra would play all audio through BT and stream to an FM station that could be played on the radio but the BlueAnt SuperTooth3 won’t. I’ve seen this too with built in BT in a car (Ford/MS Sync) where some phones just won’t connect, period, and others do everything out of the box.

USB is a different story then BT. Most USB adaptors in the Head Units are looking for mountable storage to pretend they are “media players.” Windows Media Player even has a Sync function for USB Drives to fake out USB Head Units that they are players rather than just USB memory.

If your only option is USB, I’d try a micro jack solution like a FM receiver or Cassette Dock. The streaming audio will always default to the Preferred Audio on the device.

jland22

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I have bluetooth in my car and I also have an aux and audio out so i will try both. I like the idea of having it plugged in through USB no matter which way works as it keeps it charging which is also good when using navigation because both pandora and nav drain the battery.

daethwing188

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have bluetooth in my car and I also have an aux and audio out so i will try both. I like the idea of having it plugged in through USB no matter which way works as it keeps it charging which is also good when using navigation because both pandora and nav drain the battery.

Then plug in your phone via usb to charge and connect via bluetooth for audio. This way you have but one cable and you can listen to pandora and use nav and charge it all at once.

ShannonDavis

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I used this one from radio shack.

Gigaware? Universal Full Band FM Transmitter - RadioShack.com

Kind of pricey now I got it on sale a few months ago for $29.99. But it auto searches unused channels and is super strong, no radio channels break through. Plug it in and go!

That's what I have and it works PERFECT. I plug in the transmitter and the charger and enjoy Pandora radio and charge my DInc as I drive to work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908