Pandora on the Incredible.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I use my Incredible as my audio player when I run/workout. The most frustrating thing in the world for me is that when I lock my phone, Pandora will finish playing the current song and then stop playing. I have to unlock the phone before it picks up and goes to the next song. This can get immensely frustrating when i'm in the middle of a run or a set.

Does anyone have any idea if there is a way to fix this? I've checked all the options, looked for any updates, and still I've been unable to get around this issue for months.

Any help is appreciated.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
My guess is you could root it, put a nice custom ROM on and get rid of sense. What about changing the time before the screen goes dark. That could help and then you would only need to tap the screen every so often. Just a thought.

sonar_chris

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I've never had that problem either. My phone will go into stand by and lock the screen and Pandora will keep playing. Maybe you should reinstall the app.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
When I use Pandora it over rides the sleep mode and keeps my screen on but I can manually turn the screen off and it will continue to play for me while the screen is off.

wavechaser

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Odd, I wonder why mine is borked... I'll try uninstalling and re-installing it. My buddy who also has the Incredible and Pandora has the exact same problem with his.

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea if there is a way to fix this? I've checked all the options, looked for any updates, and still I've been unable to get around this issue for months.
Do you have mobile data always on? (Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> check "Enable always-on mobile data") That seemed to solve this Pandora problem for me.

NB: Enabling always on data supposedly drains the battery faster. I'm a fairly light user so don't notice a significant difference - but I tend to stick it on the charger whenever I can now. YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad