1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default DInc as Media Player

Hey all,

So I just got a new phone so am going to try to convert my old DInc to an mp3 player of sorts. I recently rooted and got s-off (whew! not easy on on this device) and have CM7 installed. I really like this ROM and its battery life, but was wondering if the community has any further suggestions for extending battery life. I have installed Titanium Backup to freeze some of the apps I don't need anymore, but heard once some stuff isn't safe to freeze. Can anyone tell me if it's safe to freeze apks like messaging and camera?

Next since I'm using this as a wifi only device so I don't need the mobile data. I went to my wireless settings and disabled data, but it still seems like its trying to connect to the Verizons network and kill my battery. I found a work-around for this by turning airplane mode on and then activating my wifi, but it would be nice to find a more permanent work-around especially since I'll also be using bluetooth.

Finally, I'm happy with CM7 and its light weight, but if anyone has a suggestion for an EVEN lighter weight ROM that'll extend battery life, I'd be welcome to hearing some suggestions.

Thank you in advance, community

Default Re: DInc as Media Player

Quote Originally Posted by riddles_xD View Post
    Hey all,

So I just got a new phone so am going to try to convert my old DInc to an mp3 player of sorts. I recently rooted and got s-off (whew! not easy on on this device) and have CM7 installed. I really like this ROM and its battery life, but was wondering if the community has any further suggestions for extending battery life. I have installed Titanium Backup to freeze some of the apps I don't need anymore, but heard once some stuff isn't safe to freeze. Can anyone tell me if it's safe to freeze apks like messaging and camera?

Next since I'm using this as a wifi only device so I don't need the mobile data. I went to my wireless settings and disabled data, but it still seems like its trying to connect to the Verizons network and kill my battery. I found a work-around for this by turning airplane mode on and then activating my wifi, but it would be nice to find a more permanent work-around especially since I'll also be using bluetooth.

Finally, I'm happy with CM7 and its light weight, but if anyone has a suggestion for an EVEN lighter weight ROM that'll extend battery life, I'd be welcome to hearing some suggestions.

Thank you in advance, community
    Maybe try something like Locale, and just set it to keep everything but wifi and bluetooth off. You may also want to use a kernel that supports undervolting.
    Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52), Nexus 7 (Dark ParanoidAndroid 2.52)
    Retired: HTC Eris, Dinc, Thunderbolt, Moto Droid, Droid 2, Droid X, Samsung Charge, Epic 4G