Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Saving sounds as Ring tones

When i purchased a ring tone from myxer it came to me in a text. How do I save it as music?

Global Posts
    587 Global Posts

save it to sdcard/media/audio/ringtones. you may have to add a ringtones file in audio.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

where do i find the option to save it?

touch and hold the message, an option screen will pop up.
    Deluxe Member

You don't need to purchase ringtones. You can make your own, quite easily. The Droid has a built in function that allows you to make up to a 30 sec ring tone from any music you have on your phone.

Better yet, download Ringdroid from the market. Easier to use, and your ringtone can be any length you want.

Default Re: Saving sounds as Ring tones

There is also an option in the stock music player to set as ringtone. It does set it as the default but that's easy to change then the song will be in your list to select from!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    You don't need to purchase ringtones. You can make your own, quite easily. The Droid has a built in function that allows you to make up to a 30 sec ring tone from any music you have on your phone.

Better yet, download Ringdroid from the market. Easier to use, and your ringtone can be any length you want.

Absolutely LOVE Ringdroid! Any download or music can be automatically saved easily as a generic ring tone or contact specific. No reason for me to use anything else.