Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I buy?

My girlfriend is due for an upgrade in a couple weeks and wanted to get a Droid Eris which is what I have, however they no longer make it. Would the Incredible be a good buy? She thought about getting the Droid X, but it looks to be a little more money than she wants to spend. I have heard that the Incredible tends to run pretty slow, is this true? Thanks for your help.

Runs slow?
    No way! This phone is lightning fast!

Droid X seems way too big for my hands, and I'm a 6'4" guy with large hands.
    The Incredible is a nearly perfect phone. Go for it!

I have a mint Eris for sale if interested?

Global Posts
    934 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

If she is worrying about price she shouldn't be looking at a Android type phone.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

When I was in the VZW store looking at phones, I was determined to buy a WinMo phone to replace the WinMo phone I had. Playing with the phones in the store, this was an obvious nogo. The dammed things were locking up and I haven’t even done anything… So I look at the Moto Droid. I have Moto Issues, but that’s not the point, It seemed nice but sluggish… So the VZW guy says take a look at this, and hands me the DInc. It was as if rainbows suddenly appeared. The OS just WORKED. It was snappy, there was no lag, and I went to a few websites where everything displayed.

The store was doing some sort of “event” and had a radio station and face painters there. My son and I used the DInc to look up Jeff Gordon’s car so the face painter could paint it.

This phone is not slow. Not by any means. You will be very pleased with recommending this phone for your Girlfriend… In fact you might be a little jealous.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

get it. you wont be disappointed at all. also the phone is not slow in any way. same processor as the evo.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4... Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible

This phone is not slow. Not by any means. You will be very pleased with recommending this phone for your Girlfriend… In fact you might be a little jealous.
    You will be A LOT jealous.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    ROM
    BravoX RC2 by BandroidX

ummm, incredible and droid x are the same price just so you know

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

^What they said! Android phones are higher end and therefore more $. Who told you the Incredible was slow? NOT!
    Curve 8330 >>> Storm 9550 >>> HTC Incredible

Give her your Eris and get the DI for yourself.

Global Posts
    3,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly

Quote Originally Posted by rpfarrah View Post
    Give her your Eris and get the DI for yourself.
    2nd That!!!
    HTC DROID INCREDIBLE RETIRED
    GALAXY NEXUS TIME!!!!!

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Slow????? The only thing slow about the DI is delivery for those who didn't buy at release and that should be solved soon. I have had mine since launch and it gets better every day as I learn more and new apps are available. The larger size of the Droid X does not work for me and I would not be interested in giving up Sense.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...

Quote Originally Posted by jonzee222 View Post
    My girlfriend is due for an upgrade in a couple weeks and wanted to get a Droid Eris which is what I have, however they no longer make it. Would the Incredible be a good buy? She thought about getting the Droid X, but it looks to be a little more money than she wants to spend. I have heard that the Incredible tends to run pretty slow, is this true? Thanks for your help.
    The Droid Eris is a first generation lower end device. It's on the slow side but not a bad phone by any means.

The Droid Incredible is a high end current generation device with specs that will be top of the line until the dual core phones come out at the end of 2010 and throughout 2011. However, it will still be fast then and will get even faster come this Christmas when HTC updates the Incredible to Android 2.2 FroYo which has 2-5x faster app performance.

Get the Incredible. It's similar to my Nexus and I absolutely love it. It's fast, heavily customizable, easy to use and fun...what more do you need?
    ++ Main Device: Google Nexus One on T-Mobile
    ++ ROM: OxygeN1Mod 2.3.7

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post
    The Droid Eris is a first generation lower end device. It's on the slow side but not a bad phone by any means.

The Droid Incredible is a high end current generation device with specs that will be top of the line until the dual core phones come out at the end of 2010 and throughout 2011. However, it will still be fast then and will get even faster come this Christmas when HTC updates the Incredible to Android 2.2 FroYo which has 2-5x faster app performance.

Get the Incredible. It's similar to my Nexus and I absolutely love it. It's fast, heavily customizable, easy to use and fun...what more do you need?
    The Eris was a very nice device, until you update it to 2.1. Then you start getting all kinds of issues, like the phone rebooting out of nowhere, silent call bug, battery life all to hell etc. After 4 replacement phones Verizon finally swapped my wife out to a Moto Droid. Thought well I don't like Moto but it can't be any worse, got her first droid in the dang headphone jack doesn't work. So much for build quality, hopefully the second one will be better.....get the Inc.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

1st... What everyone else said about the DInc's speed... Not slow...

2nd... Go to BestBuy, hold an EVO, then hold and Incredible. See how she likes the size (OK, I'm giggling here too, but let's keep this professional :P ) The new Droid X will be around the same size in hand as the EVO, but maybe a little thicker due to the slide out keyboard...

3rd...

Quote Originally Posted by Willymakit 75 View Post
    If she is worrying about price she shouldn't be looking at a Android type phone.
    I believe they are releasing lower-end Android phones for people worried about just this... Those may be slower, but waiting may be the best thing if Android is what she wants and price is that much of a factor for her...

Just my thoughts...
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead

Incredible all the way Droid X is only going to have a bigger screen and Hdmi out, Big Deal! When update comes out or you could root we get wifi hotspot and Hd video. I love my phone and would never trade it in.

Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    The new Droid X will be around the same size in hand as the EVO, but maybe a little thicker due to the slide out keyboard...
    The Droid X will not have a slide out keyboard, but the Droid 2 will

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Quote Originally Posted by brina042 View Post
    The Droid X will not have a slide out keyboard, but the Droid 2 will
    Good catch... Confusing the two...
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead

If she loves your Eris, just give it to her and get a new phone for yourself. Win-win situation imo.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

i traded my eris in for the inc. you cant even compair the two phones. the eris is so slow and cant handle any good app. the inc is lightning fast and takes anything your throw at it. i apree give her your eris and get the inc for yourself

If the price of the dinc is a factor. Check out Craigslist. I bought my dinc for 375 and sold my Eris for 200. The dinc is so much better than the Eris. The Eris is the only phone I ever really hated. My gf has been looking at them and I won't let her get it. Incredible all the way

Dinc rocks, no question! It will only get better with Froyo...

If she needs an IPad that can make calls, then get the Droid X or Evo...If she wants the best mobile phone currently on the market (IMO), get the Incredible...
    FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    703 Global Posts

incredible is well worth buying. it's speedy. whoever says it's slow must be using a 5ghz phone on a 1tbps network. >_<

if you like big phones then maybe you'll like droid x better. one thing on the droid x that they still haven't fixed is the camera activation speed. that's one thing i hated on original droid and apparently it's still the same on the droid x. incredible's camera activates faster than a normal camera. also, incredible is more pocket friendly. plus it has htc sense which i've never used before but i found it to be great and much more convenient to have.