Gmail email duration

needmydroid

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I search hours on this forum for the answers and didn't find my answer so if it's already been answered forgive me. Does anyone know if there is a specific amount of time the Incredible keeps your "GMAIL" not pop email or any other kind of email, is it deleted after a certain amount of days or is it kept till you delete it???? I cannot find this anywhere in the setting, all i see is "number of day to sync" (what does that mean) and a # amount for you to set and under the sent label you can select sync all, sync 4 days or synce none and the same for the inbox and so on, now can someone explain these setting to me or are these the setting i'm looking for. I know that pop accounts on the Dinc have different setting than the GMAIL I believe pop lets you select a specific amount of time or choose for them to stay on the phone till you delete them. I'm new to Android coming from the Storm 1 so all this new technology and terminalogy takes some getting use too. Please Help!!!! :eek:

Libuff

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
as far as i know... the gmail app is a sync'd version of your gmail account, hence, if you keep it online on your gmail account, it will be on the phone...

think of it as a gmail remote...

the email settings are WAY simplier and easier to use on the android than the BB. there are very few sync settings, and NO BIS to deal with...

needmydroid

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
as far as i know... the gmail app is a sync'd version of your gmail account, hence, if you keep it online on your gmail account, it will be on the phone...

think of it as a gmail remote...

the email settings are WAY simplier and easier to use on the android than the BB. there are very few sync settings, and NO BIS to deal with...

Ok that makes sense, but what does the "number of days to sync' option mean in the gmail settings then?

needmydroid

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm usually really good at figuring out new phones and setting and all the fun stuff that comes along with it but this Dinc has my brain working over time! Maybe it's I can figure out the hard stuff but not the easy stuff. LOL

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok that makes sense, but what does the "number of days to sync' option mean in the gmail settings then?

This setting tells your phone how long to wait before updating your contacts. If it is set to "1" it will update everyday. "10" every 10 days, etc... ;)

Maybe it's I can figure out the hard stuff but not the easy stuff. LOL

LoL ,,, maybe Lol :p

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay