1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Bluetooth Voice Dialing

I have read through the various threads on this topic, but can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for.

If my wife's lame Motorola Devour can do voice dialing initiated by bluetooth (not initiated by pressing a button on the phone), why can an app do this for the Droid Incredible. It seems her Devour is using Nuance Voice Signal, but I can't find a download for this for the Incredible.

Have any of you found a solution that works?

Thanks!
    Mike

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Nope - Best solution I've found so far is to punch the Voice Dialer app then voice dial. Froyo should fix this. I believe that Froyo has the BT protocol support for Voice Dialing.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.
    Deluxe Member

I'm wondering the same. My last two phones could voice dial via bluetooth, but not my DInc? Doesn't seem right. Completely ruins the whole point of bluetooth headsets, IMO.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm aware of the fix in Froyo, but I don't know if I can live without this feature for 4-5 months or so. I'm just amazed that if the Devour can do this, why can't the DInc?

Because it's a fault in the Sense software with 2.1. It sucks but it's the way technology is. If everything was perfect what would we complain about. Just be thankful the resolution is not THAT far away relatively speaking. In my previous BlackBerry life I would have killed for this kind of issue.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the answer. I thought it might have something to do with Sense. I'm also coming from a Blackberry, so I know where you're coming from. This is a great phone, but my 30 days ends on Friday. I'm trying to decide to go with the Droid X (played around with one today at my local Verizon store) or stick with the Incredible. I'll probably stick with the Incredible if for no other reason the two spare batteries that I have. B-) I was surprised, though, that the X did not feel nearly as large in my hand as I thought that it would.
    Regular lawnmower man...

ROM
    Stock

Android 2.2 will have Bluetooth Voice Dialing on stock Android phones like the Droid and N1. I doubt HTC will remove that when they update Sense to 2.2, or they'll have alot of upset customers.

Default Re: Bluetooth Voice Dialing

It's not a fault with Sense, it's Android. It doesn't work on the Droid either. Google apparently didn't have the license from Nuance to put Bluetooth voice dialing into Android. Motorola supposedly did it themselves to put it on their Blur enabled devices, which explains why it's on the Devour.

Supposedly this is getting fixed with FroYo however.

(Posted from my HTC Droid Incredible)
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

Global Posts
    287 Global Posts

I too was dissapointed by the lack of blurtooth dialing. I was also VERY dissapointed with the built-in voice dialing app. I spent $4 for Choice Dialer from the Market and am VERY happy with it.

I am in no way affiliated with the program or the developer, just like to tell people about a good app when I find one.

Global Posts
    599 Global Posts

right now i'm using the microphone on a google search widget . it does a great job at handeling voice dialing.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by sloan View Post
    right now i'm using the microphone on a google search widget . it does a great job at handeling voice dialing.
    But unfortunately you have to take your eyes off the road to launch the app. That's the step I'm trying to avoid.
    Deluxe Member

Agreed. Georgia just passed a law about texting and driving so the less I look at my phone while driving the better.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    Georgia just passed a law about texting and driving so the less I look at my phone while driving the better.
    Same here in North Carolina. This is definitely a safety issue. I'm hoping for a Froyo release sooner than later!

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

I am rooted and running Froyo. When I hold down the ear piece button on my headset, it is causing the phone to redial. It is not invoking the voice dialer. Anyone else have this experience?