1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Deluxe Member

Default Letter from Verizon

I received my DInc about 3 weeks ago, after waiting for almost 4 weeks for the phone. Towards the tail end of my wait, I read of some people getting an email from Verizon with a $25 gift card, as it had been announced that some people were facing an extra 7 day wait ON TOP of their original quoted wait. I never received an email, but it didn't bug me much.

Well, in the mail on Saturday was a letter from Verizon, stating their apology for the extended wait for the DInc. Included was a $25 gift card! Nice little surprise there. I'll probably just put it towards my bill (as the VZW accessories are typically a premium price).

Just wondering if anyone else is receiving the surprise letter?

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

i have had my inc since the beginning of may and already had it replaced 3 times and have been without it for almost a total of a month worth of waiting for it

but the wait was and is perfectly worth the phone

Global Posts
    1,294 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

You should be able to use the gift card for anything, not just VZW services and items.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Deluxe Member

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc29 View Post
    i have had my inc since the beginning of may and already had it replaced 3 times and have been without it for almost a total of a month worth of waiting for it
    Thanks...but your posts have absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by bigslam123 View Post
    You should be able to use the gift card for anything, not just VZW services and items.
    Nope. Its a $25 Verizon promotional card (not a Visa gift card, for example). Its just one of those paper-type cards attached to the letter. I highly doubt Verizon will send out public-sector gift cards. Will cost them A LOT more than just giving Verizon gift cards.

Global Posts
    1,294 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

well that sux.

got mine Saturday too and it's only good for verizon stuff. think I'm gonna get the car mount

Did you get the 2gig sd card and the gift card?

Quote Originally Posted by Angmoe View Post
    I ordered my DInc online 6/17 and my order shows the 2G SD card included. On the Fedex truck right now.
    HTC Incredible

Hm... I wonder when the cutoff is? I ordered May 12 and received it May 31. It wasn't actually supposed to ship until 5/31, but they got it out the door a couple days early. Wouldn't mind a $25 gift card. Need a car charger...
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Deluxe Member

With mine, the 2gb card was in the box with the DInc. The promo card arrived by itself, attached to the apology letter.

Funny I got mine 4/29/10 I didnt get anything not even the free sd card....

I just ordered mine a few days ago, but on the order confirmation it lists the content package as "Limited Introductory Offer: 2 GB MicroSD Card."

If I do have an extended wait, I wouldn't mind have $50 to put towards my bill. (I ordered two.) But I'd rather get my phone faster.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by an_icon View Post
    Funny I got mine 4/29/10 I didnt get anything not even the free sd card....
    call them up.. I did.
    I got a card and a reader.
    I use a 16gb card so I don't use the 2gb one.

Global Posts
    6,707 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I used mine before I actually received it in the mail .

My SD card came in the phone already with no info on it... I didn't even know it was there until I was going through my phone settings!

I got the giftcard too and used it over the weekend in the store for the red gradient case and some screen protectors. I have a 25% corp. discount so it only ended up being a couple dollars. Definitely worth having to wait a couple extra days!

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

I think this $25 gift card thing was on the front page of this site a few weeks back. They are doing it to keep people happy or what not. Sounds like a really cool thing for them to do, even if you can only use it in store for stuff. Better than them saying," tough deal with it", I suppose. Very nice!
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    6,707 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by allisonv7 View Post
    My SD card came in the phone already with no info on it... I didn't even know it was there until I was going through my phone settings!
    !
    In the box I saw a piece of paper saying the card was pre-installed on mine. At first I thought they left it out til I saw that paper

2gb card came with phone, gift card came separate

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by bkrickles View Post
    2gb card came with phone, gift card came separate
    I got neither I feel left out now. Verizon, I'm sorry to say this, but I think I may have to break up with you. Especially if you are giving gifts to other people.....waaaaahhhhhhh
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!