Master Reset?

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I will be turning my DINC back into my boss for the Motorola X(benefit of my job), but want to make sure that when doing to master reset everything gets erased/wiped from the device. I need this thing cleaner than clean. What is the best practice for doing this? Also the SD card will be coming with me. So that isnt a problem.

Next, when I sign into my gmail account will all my apps download/ come over from my DINC to my new X?

Thanks in Advance.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I can answer one question , about the master reset.

From the Home screne>MENU>then settings>scroll down to Privacy>Factory data reset,tap reset phone,and then tap erase everything.That sets the phone back to the way it was when you got it

As far as the apps I am not sure of that part of your question .

sele

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
For saving the apps, I would use appbrain. Download application from market, create account if you don't have one, sync apps with account. Download app to new phone, sync apps back to the new phone.

This will make sure that your apps are saved.

metalrocker

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The market will show a list of apps that you have installed previously, when I activated my Incredible the app history list from my Eris was in the market, all I had to do was download the apps again.