Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default This CAN'T be right....

I had the Incredible for about a week and was not happy with the battery performance so I went and got the Seidio 1750 battery....

I did not bump charge.

My battery was fully charged when I unplugged it at 6:30 am

at 10:30 am my battery was down 49%.

I have the following

- Twitter sync's every 2 hours
    - Facebook sync's every 2 hours
    - Pure calender for all my calenders sync's every 6 hours
    - Pure calender just for just Astrid tasks as a " to do list" syncs every 6 hours
    - ATK kills my selected list every 2 hours
    - Beautiful Widgets running
    - I listened to some music off SD card using the default media player for about 1 hr
    - I have Launcher Pro running
    - I have screen dimmed to ~ 20%

I mean...is this the perfect storm for battery drainage?

IF you were me and wanted to get lets say 10 hours of battery life instead of 7-8...WHAT would you do?

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

My Facebook never updates.I do it manually...pretty much everything I do is manual. I open the apps up enough that I really don't miss much.

and I average 16 - 18 hours on my stock battery
    Samsung Galaxy S3 | Jedi Invasion |

Default Other draws

Are you running Wi-fi, Blue-tooth or GPS? All are big drains. I also manually load Facebook and email and bump charge at lunch.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

No wifi , bluetooth or GPS...

I will take off syncs for facebook and twitter and see if that has an effect....
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I have wifi and BT always on and get 8 hrs on the stock battery.
    I would get rid of ATK and launcher pro to see if that makes a difference.

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

You could also look into erasing the phones battery memory,since you upgraded the battery.I'll find you a link

Here's one
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...-fix-here.html

And the other

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...y-android.html
    Thanked by:

Sorry, the SEIDIO battery is not 1750mAh compared to your stock 1300 mAh battery and other HTC batteries I got to test..

Conclusion / Summary From This Round… – Randomness & Photography

A bump charge is ABSOLUTLEY needed to bring the battery to its fullest capacity possible. (but even then it didnt get tested to 1750 mAh.)

Be sure to read a few posts back too - to see the inside of a few of the SEIDIO batteries and the google searches that NEVER uncovered a cell for that size at 1750 mAh.

Global Posts
    1,221 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by edarchitect View Post
    Are you running Wi-fi, Blue-tooth or GPS? All are big drains. I also manually load Facebook and email and bump charge at lunch.
    Actually using Wi-Fi instead of 3G saves battery, however if you are not in a Wi-Fi hotspot make sure you turn it off or it will just continue to search for a signal. Try an app called Timeriffic its very convenient and you can schedule ur GPS/ringer/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth to come on and off at certain times of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by IncrediBry View Post
    I had the Incredible for about a week and was not happy with the battery performance so I went and got the Seidio 1750 battery....

I did not bump charge.

I have the following

- Pure calender just for just Astrid tasks as a " to do list" syncs every 6 hours
    - I listened to some music off SD card using the default media player for about 1 hr

IF you were me and wanted to get lets say 10 hours of battery life instead of 7-8...WHAT would you do?
    Just a guess here, but have you charged it yet with the phone off from low battery to fully charged? This will recalibrate the battery bar and should give you better performance if you haven't done it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ctw500 View Post
    Just a guess here, but have you charged it yet with the phone off from low battery to fully charged? This will recalibrate the battery bar and should give you better performance if you haven't done it yet.
    How would it do that with the phone off ? Isn't the data saved on the phone - If the phone is off I don't think it would write anything to keep track of the charge.

Quote Originally Posted by DustinF00 View Post
    How would it do that with the phone off ? Isn't the data saved on the phone - If the phone is off I don't think it would write anything to keep track of the charge.
    Lithium ion batteries need to be calibrated occasionally so that they know what a full charge is and can repeat it. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of sources out there like hp, apple, etc who advise this.

You can read more about it here if you are interested:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/parttwo-34.htm
    http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1490
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&product=18703

Quote Originally Posted by edarchitect View Post
    Wifi actually uses less battery when connected than 3g uses when it's constantly looking for a signal. Everything else eats battery though.

Lithium ion batteries need to be calibrated so that they know what a full charge is and can repeat it. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of sources out there like hp, apple, etc who advise this.
    Whoa...

I never said I didn't believe you - there is a difference in not believing you and questioning who or what is documenting the full charge with the phone off.

While the phone is off, the lowest level of what I would call "power micro code" is controlling and monitoring the current along with the battery. It's going to decide the battery is full based on charged voltage reading vs charge current being accepted and any one of a billion other considerations being made for battery charging - but I don't think any of that is remembered anywhere.

That was all I was getting at.

Most devices base their battery capacity indicator with voltage reading comparison against information off the battery information pins as well as battery voltage drop when a current draw happens.

I'd be interested in knowing what the voltage reading is across the battery when its charged and when it all of sudden hits 90-80-70 and so on percent reading on the phone.

Lithium ion batteries need to be calibrated occasionally so that they know what a full charge is and can repeat it. If you don't believe me, there are plenty of sources out there like hp, apple, etc who advise this.

You can read more about it here if you are interested:

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance
    Understanding Lithium-Ion and Smart Battery Technology HP Pavilion Notebook PCs - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
    Thanks for the links, I'm familiar with the battery university pages - My point is just that there isn't anything running to document the charge while its OFF. So the phone running while charging will help it understand and set this calibration point vs the phone being off and when the phone turns on it just knows that its being started with waht it thinks is a charged battery.

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

Beautiful Widgets... Do you have it set for GEOLOCATION and to use GPS in the widget settings? I put this on the other day on my DInc with the 3500mAh battery and it drained the hell out of it...

Go into your phone settings, phone info, battery... What are the percentages for apps using the battery?
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    Beautiful Widgets... Do you have it set for GEOLOCATION and to use GPS in the widget settings? I put this on the other day on my DInc with the 3500mAh battery and it drained the hell out of it...

Go into your phone settings, phone info, battery... What are the percentages for apps using the battery?

No geolocation here...but definitely think it may have to do with beautiful widgets...

ROM
    Standard 4.1 Jellybean

What are the battery usage percentages?
    Galaxy Nexus, Droid Incredible

Circle Me on Google+

Twitter: @CRKhead
    PSN: CRKhead
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by CRKhead View Post
    What are the battery usage percentages?
    Just finished bump charging...will provide after some usage....
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Unplugged for 1 hr and 2 mins after bump charging 3 times....

79 % battery remaining

28% android system
    27% cell stand by
    22% voice calls
    10% phone idle
    8% display
    3% dialer
    2% media server

At this point I'm thinking that I either have a faulty battery or launcher pro is eating my battery alive.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,405 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

I'm guessing you have a bad battery, I'm running mine all the way down by using navigation and pandora for the last 5 hours and I'm still sitting at 10% and started with about 90%.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomh4u3r View Post
    You could also look into erasing the phones battery memory,since you upgraded the battery.I'll find you a link

Here's one
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/droi...-fix-here.html

And the other

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...y-android.html
    I am just going to test the top link for now my battery isnt that bad but it could be better ,lol thanks

Two questions also related to battery issues...

Is Android 2.2 or the OTA supposed to address these issues or somehow improve battery life?

Also, when I charge my battery, it seems like it takes forever to get up to about 50% or so, but then it rapidly goes from 50 to 100. What could be causing this? Is this a problem or is it common?

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I haven't had much time to check the boards lately....

Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi Invasion

Whoever cleaned up my links,thanks!

I did not bump charge.

I have the following

Silly question, but you've checked the usual culprits of Facebook for HTC Sense and the Calendar app, right? I usually have to go in and Force Stop the Facebook one every time I restart my phone and the Calendar one every time I get a reminder.

Before you run launcherpro, make sure to set the "clean slate" scene in sense, otherwise your sense widgets will keep updating behind launcherpro.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast