2600 mAh battery won't fully charge?

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Recently installed a 'generic' 2600mAh battery in my DI. My battery widget indicates that it charges to only 90%. I've tried the old bump charge 'trick', but can't get it past 90%. Anybody else notice this, or have an explanation??

Thanks.

DustinF00#AC

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Recently installed a 'generic' 2600mAh battery in my DI. My battery widget indicates that it charges to only 90%. I've tried the old bump charge 'trick', but can't get it past 90%. Anybody else notice this, or have an explanation??

Thanks.

Can you try multiple bump charges and see waht happens ?

First bump charge might take 40 mins, then the next might take 20 or so... the top off current on the higher capacity batteries is harder to keep going to keep the battery to top off...

Obviously, the cell might just be a garbage cell from china because there isn't anything to keep up with standards or quality. Thats just speculation on my part.

ctw500

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried draining the battery to a low level and then charging it completely with the power off? That should work to re-calibrate the battery bar.

Also, are you charging it beyond when the light indicates a full charge? Some batteries may need additional time on the charger beyond that point to actually reach full charge.

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses.

Tony: Yes, the problem could be that the battery is not of the highest quality :) , but I'm guessing that would cause it not to hold a charge as long as it should. Can't see how that would lead to not charging fully...

Dustin: Tried the multiple bumps. Didn't help.

ctw: "Also, are you charging it beyond when the light indicates a full charge..." Tried that as well, and it didn't help.
"Have you tried draining the battery to a low level and then charging it completely with the power off? That should work to re-calibrate the battery bar." That's the one thing I haven't tried yet. I'll do it today and see if it makes a difference

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
^^^

I'm using the Verizon charger - not a knock off. I have the feeling, though that this battery is crap. Funny, I bought a generic 1350 mAh battery on eBay which works GREAT, but this 2600 mAh (also purchased on eBay) will, I think, turn out to be a bust...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia