Bloggers are liars
Had a very interesting conversation with a Verizon Tech. on the phone. I was speaking to Adam 2503 about my DInc speaker being blown (3rd time) and complaining that this is a serious problem and he said it is not a know issue that I'm the only one who has ever reported this issue. I then told him he was full of S#%$ that it is even on the forums, That's when he told me that bloggers are Notorious for lieing on forums and that you shouldn't believe what you read. I then told him "I wonder if a judge would think the same thing if the Bloggers who was "lieing" about their speakers was to file a class action suit". Needless to say he didn't care and I let him know that as soon as my contract is up I'm gone that Verizon was starting to sound more and more like Apple every day. Anybody else ever have these kinda problems and what did you do about it (Speaker or Verizon)
- 07-14-2010, 08:33 PM #2
- 07-14-2010, 08:37 PM #3
No issues here, and quite frankly never heard of these phones blowing speakers until this week and I've seen a post or two in these forums. Basically threatening with a class action suit and pushing the issue with level 1 support is really pointless. You should have just politely asked to speak with his supervisor and got a replacement for your phone. Just my $.02.
- 07-14-2010, 08:42 PM #4
I think once you tell a service employee he is full of sh** you not going to get good service after that :0 Try calling back and be more polity and I'm sure you get a replacement. Or even better yet if you have a store near by have them listen to your phone and I'm sure they will call it in for you.
- 07-14-2010, 10:46 PM #5
- 07-14-2010, 11:12 PM #6
- 07-14-2010, 11:51 PM #7
- 07-15-2010, 12:03 AM #8
I'm not taking sides on an issue. But, just some observations...
1. Why exactly would would an internet blogger be a more reliable source of information regarding Verizon phone performance than a person whose primary vocation is handling service issues regarding Verizon phones?
2. Are you suggesting that the threat of a random caller suggesting that nameless "bloggers" may possibly (according to you) mount the herculean task of waging a legal battle with the likes of Verizon was supposed to move this guy to help you? In the parlance school recess fights, the only appropraiate response to that "threat" is, "is that supposed to scare me?"
3. You mention that you were "complaining" about the speaker issue you experienced. Did you actually ASK for something? replacement? warranty? If so, are you within 30 days? Did you purchase insurance? If so, then who cares if he thinks that internet bloggers shot Kennedy and orchestrated 9/11. If you're making a legitimate claim, his personal opinions are irrelevant.
4. Were you attempting to influence a service representative into doing something above and beyond policies (30 days, warranty) by saying he was full of crap? Yeah, how's that workin' for ya'?
5. You asked how others have handles service issues with phones or Verizon... Well, I am faultlessly polite, patient, respectful, and kind (even when I feel righteously indignant). Result: Discounts, early upgrades, and great sercive.
- 07-15-2010, 12:08 AM #9
- 42 Posts
In my experience with Verizon customer service, it really all depends on who you talk to. Doesn't matter if its by phone, online, or at a store, its really hit or miss. Sometime the rep is super helpful. Other times they are about as helpful as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
- 07-15-2010, 02:19 AM #10
- 07-15-2010, 02:37 AM #11
- 07-15-2010, 02:46 AM #12
We (the AC writing staff) hear a story or a rumor.
We go poking around to see if we can find out more.
If we do, we check in with Phil. Phil doesn't f around. It's it's crap, he tells us it's crap. If he thinks it might not be crap, HE checks up on it. He calls carriers. And manufacturers. And PR people. And he has his secret sources, like we all do. He'll shake that tree till he's sure nothing else is gonna fall out. Only when he's satisfied will he give the go-ahead for us to say anything about it.
Could it still be crap? Maybe. But there was enough out there about it to say something and see what floats to the top.
But I'll bet you a dollar the <insert carrier of choice> rep doesn't get out of that chair, and check out anything before he/she decides whether it's a real issue or not. If they didn't get notice, it doesn't exist, and they don't consider it, because they probably aren't allowed to.
Don't write us off so easily. Working with AC is fun as hell, but we take the "job" of giving y'all something to read that we think you'll wanna know very seriously
- 07-15-2010, 05:00 AM #13
- 07-15-2010, 06:04 AM #14
See the problem here is not having enough time or space to explain the whole thing. This is my 3rd DInc, less then two weeks after recieving my first one the speaker blew and when i called it in was informed that they were backordered(remember that) and that it would be around the first week of july for my replacement and was told that the waiting time would not count towards my 30 day worry free. Had the second phone about a week and it did the same thing. This time they asked if I would accept a like-new unit so they could get it to me faster and they would start my 30 days over. I agreed now this guy was saying that my 30 days was over June 1st and that the waiting period didn't count because NO ONE else had that problem. I asked if he was saying no one that he knew about or Verizon has no record of it. He said Verizon shows no record of it. THAT'S WHEN I TOLD HIM HE WAS FULL OF ****!. And as for trying to get things I just wanted to return it and go back to my Droid. Doesn't sound like I was trying to get more then I was suppose to get.
Oh yeah and as far as how's it working out for me I called back today and let CSR know what was said and they offered me the droid X will have it for me tomorrow. So I'd say it worked out for the best seeing how all I wanted to do was return it and go back to the Droid. Just saying And Thank you Gbhil that's what i thought