quiet on the update front

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Hotspot won't be free, probably around $20/mo. I also doubt it will come today - as the leaked released on Phandroid still has it listed as an AMOLED display in the boot animation, which is a big no-no due to them switching to super LCD displays. This could get Verizon in some legal trouble for false advertisement, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was pulled simply for that.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
no update yet and now i'm wondering if this is going to be a disappointment. don't know why droid-life would say they got it. i still don't know how it will show up when it comes. i get this little white box in my notification bar but then i cant find where it takes me other than some updates for apps. anyone have an answer?

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
droidlife has a screenshot of someone getting the update. they ask for people to let them know if anyone else is getting it. are they? i haven't.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
No dialing *228 isnt going to do it ,it will come as a notification I think or in the MENU>settings>about phone>system updates area :)

samuelk

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
From what I can tell, all of the pictures of phones showing the update are not Verizon phones. They look like developer phones (they hare the HTC logo at the top rather than the Verizon logo).

I still haven't see any regular Verizon customer give any evidence that they're receiving the update.

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
now it seems that we've been fooled. i wish verizon would just come out with their own info about when or if the update might come. what would be wrong with that? that guy in the black shirt can come out and talk about his new gadget. can't verizon even put out a notice or something?

seans1973#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
lol...this reminds me of the endless threads on crackberry, people waiting for updates on the storm 1 & 2...lmao. everyday somebody had info on an update coming out tomorrow.
I really don't know whats missing on the INC...besides battery life it is a near perfect phone.

Trophias

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
It may come at 11:59 tonight. There is something strange with the Eris. They pushed out a 2.1 update email to everyone earlier today, but we already got that update, so we will see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza