Rumor of Droid Incredible receiving update today

Dheinle

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Just logged into my verizon wireless account and added the wifi hotspot feature. Did a *228 option 2, rebooted, still no update. Maybe tomorrow.

Dennis

Dheinle

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Logged into my business portal and went to add/remove features. It's called Mobile Broadband Connect/3G Mobile Hotspot. I had just the broadband connect feature before.

Dennis

increditim

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
my question has anyone gotten the ota yet or has everyone just downloaded the zip? i'm concerned about the zip because i read that it could cause problems if verizon makes modifircations when the update comes out. i also wonder if if violates your warranty. i know a lot don't care, but i might

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
my question has anyone gotten the ota yet or has everyone just downloaded the zip? i'm concerned about the zip because i read that it could cause problems if verizon makes modifircations when the update comes out. i also wonder if if violates your warranty. i know a lot don't care, but i might

I am not going to use the zip file that you mentioned about , I guess its a personal preference as to if you wish to or not I will wait for now that zip doesnt offer me enough "extra stuff" to make it worth it to me , lol :cool:

There was no released update yet that everyone expected that one has not happened .

gmz73#AC

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I took my DInc into Verizon yesterday to show them a text thread dated "Dec. 31, 1969" and showed him you can't delete it or view it. He said he had seen that once before and said and I quote "it is a software glitch that should be resolved with the update coming in August." Please don't flame me I'm only sharing what he said and I know better than to put stock into what reps say because sometime they know less than we do. Just wanted to share that with you guys.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I took my DInc into Verizon yesterday to show them a text thread dated "Dec. 31, 1969" and showed him you can't delete it or view it. He said he had seen that once before and said and I quote "it is a software glitch that should be resolved with the update coming in August." Please don't flame me I'm only sharing what he said and I know better than to put stock into what reps say because sometime they know less than we do. Just wanted to share that with you guys.

How dare you share????

kidding. thanks for some possible info.:p

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I unrooted my phone how to i apply the ota update? everytime i go into boot options (power and trackball) it loads pb31img.zip and cant find the option how to load the ota

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I will eat crow. My phone has been rebooting when powering down instead of turning off......So I was on the phone with big red for a while this morning. They checked to see if I had received the update.

I hadn't so a replacement device is on the way for my issues.

The Tech Rep said HTC is sending out the update in batches and it's random, not in the order you purchased your device.

I am not one for rumors but they thought my issues were related to the update.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
when I go to settings about phone and click on update .it doesn't do anything it just says system up to date.it doesn't try to look for an update is that normal

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I'll unroot when it is actually being pushed. I've checked about 5 different android forums. Everyones talking about it, no one actually has it.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The MENU>settings>about phone>system updates is where it will be though when officially pushed out. I have a friend who got their DX yesterday so saw on their forum they are getting an update from vzw on the 19th .
It showed them thats how to get that update and that was how it said too.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That's what mine does.

The blog post on the homepage must be incorrect. I also have not been able to force the update by doing this...

when I go to settings about phone and click on update .it doesn't do anything it just says system up to date.it doesn't try to look for an update is that normal

Sometimes you can get it there before you get a pop-up notification on your phone. If Verizon hasn't "approved" your phone to get it yet or however they are doing it, you won't see it even by checking manually. I put that in the post so that people might be able to get it a bit earlier.

I with you guys though, I am still waiting. I am going to be really pissed at Verizon if this update gets pushed back AGAIN.

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The blog post on the homepage must be incorrect. I also have not been able to force the update by doing this...

The blog clearly says that you might, read MIGHT, speed up the OTA by doing the System>About Phone>System Updates boogie. The blog is not wrong. It is perfectly normal for the resulting screen to say "Your system is currently up to date" because until you actually receive the OTA your phone is, well, up to date.

This will happen when it happens. My guess is all of these impatient people who are "dieing" for the update are ex BB folks who became used to the "leaked update" culture because in most cases it they made a questionable phone better. I know because I was one of those Crackberry leak seekers. Now I don't care much. The DINC is so good and meets my needs so well that while an upgrade with more features will be nice it will not be cause for a national holiday.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site

When the update is authorized for your phone, a notification will be sent out, however, sometimes there's a delay in receiving that automatic notification... Choosing SYSTEM UPDATE makes the phone check to see if an update is available... All that does is look for updates you haven't been automatically notified about yet...

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Idk about you guys but I keep checking my phone every 15 mins for the update hahah I'm getting so anxious for 720p video and wireless n

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae