Low on space issue

SIR2012

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I can see that this has been not only my problem...

First it appeared quite a while ago and after some research I learned that it is HTC design error and space for Apps is pre-allocated to max 170mb. I figured, OK, I can trim everything down to this. So I removed a lot of apps, cleaned up data from all apps that I need but rarely use, cleaned chache etc, set to keep emails for no more then 3 days, use FB, LinkedIn etc. through the browser. You can see, I tried, the problem disappeared, but not for long. Now it is complaining again and I am down to 162 MB used and 586 free? (748 total - odd number really). It is really an issue, I cannot be cleaning data everytime I used an application! And it seems the more I clean the more it wants to go down in size! Just a month ago it was happy with 166! I am only using 5 apps now - mail, gmail, calendar, browser and words with friends (which I am cleaning every move :mad:! Removed everything from kindle app, but the current book... So much for the smartphone....
No, I do not want to buy a new phone just yet.

Is there a smart solution other then removing apps?

Thanks in advance!

SIR2012

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am 4.06.605.3 whatever it means.

I am always moving an app to a SD right after it is downloaded, unless it is not allowed. So this is not gonna help... :((( Thanks though.

SIR2012

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all,

I am sorry you could not provide me with the good solution, however I found it and seems to have fixed a problem, at least temporarily.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Text messages seem to be the main culprit here. In the worst case scenarios - a factory reset will definitely clear the problem. It's a Pain, but it's effective.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It's not the apps that's eating the memory. It's your contacts and text messages. I believe in the apps list look for dialer and contacts. When my sisters phone ran out of memory, both files had ballooned to over 40-50mb each. She had so many text messages and all her contacts were synced with fb so 500+ with pictures and text messages to over 150 different people (too many even with limiting messages to 100 per thread).

You can clear the data for both but you will lose all contacts and texts.

To get it usable, i had to root and install cyanogen 7. But now she has a RAZR M and all us better.

spyderrc10gt2

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem on mine and my wifes phones few months back, drove us crazy for a long time. At the same time both our would not install the latest OS update, we would push 'restart and install' then the phone wouldn't do anything. Ended up factory resetting both phones which then allowed us to install the OS update and we have not had the low space error since.